Unity Suggestions

• Hi everyone,

About advanced technology in Rising World.

Personally I think it unlikely a lone person could develop really advanced technology.

My suggestion is when a player finds precious items like gold bars or gems they set up a trading flag in the edge of the ocean.

After a small delay they find a trader's ship moored near their flag.

The trader would sell things like refrigeration units, advanced electronics and medical drugs.

Each trader would have different requirements of goods for payment.

A random number could generate three types of traders;

Outright pirates that you would have to defeat to gain goods or lose everything except your underclothes!

( Alternative, you defeat the pirates but find no goods instead weapons, gold bars, gems you can use with a honest trader. )

Semi honest traders that are part pirate. If the player has good armament they do an honest trade otherwise they rip the player off.

Honest traders that give you a good deal.

My thoughts on railways in Rising World.

Now mine tracks and hand pushed ore carts will be relatively easy to implement.

In the past I've used the Trainz series of railway simulators, there is a heck of a lot of work in producing a full railway simulator, at a guess as much work as Red51 has already put into the new version of Rising World.

I suspect in Rising World, specially in multiplayer each railway track will only be allowed one train on it at a time. To set up train control so jerks can't cause multiple train collisions will not be easy.

Unless Red51 can pull off a miracle I can't see Rising World handle high speed trains?

I have used a Trainz route with a Mag-Lev train. Outside the cities where there is a speed limit the scenery is just flat green terrain with no clutter, vegetation and only the odd dirt road and some very limited objects.

With the amount of detail in Rising World that is created on the fly train speeds will have to be kept down.

The only way I can see high speed trains in Rising World is trains in underground tunnels. There is a number of ways tricks can be used to make it appear a train is going through a tunnel at high speed.

Lindsay

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!