Update 0.7: Biomes, Caves and much more!

• Hi red51

Will it be possible to have different biomes/climate zones in the same (big) land mass. I like islands having different ones, but I still prefer to also find them in the same land mass.

I notice you can jump on top of animals and stay there. Would be nice if they at least try to shake you off.

Would it be possible, at least in the future, to have an option so you can only prepare some styles (textures) of furniture only of you have the corresponding type of wood/lumber. Say make a pine looking bed, only with pine, and so on.

Same story with different rocks. Would be nice if there were like geologic layers and say if you want a marble cube, you will need marble to make it, and so on.

At least as an optional setting in survival...

Thanks!

• Will it be possible to have different biomes/climate zones in the same (big) land mass. I like islands having different ones, but I still prefer to also find them in the same land mass.

Currently we have no plans for that unfortunately... each island only has one climate zone. But there are plans to have some sort of transition biomes on islands: for example, if you're on a temperate island and a desert island is south of your island, you would be able to find a mediterranean biome in the southern part of your island etc.

I notice you can jump on top of animals and stay there. Would be nice if they at least try to shake you off.

That would be a good idea, I will put it on our list ;)

Would it be possible, at least in the future, to have an option so you can only prepare some styles (textures) of furniture only of you have the corresponding type of wood/lumber. Say make a pine looking bed, only with pine, and so on.

That's unfortunately a bit difficult... for most furnitures, it's hard to tell what type of wood they're currently using specifically. It would require us to change the materials of all objects to make sure to have distinguished looks for the various wood types (e.g. a pine wood bed, an acacia wood bed etc)... there is unfortunately a lot of work involved to do that (and it's going to be difficult to keep this compatible with existing worlds - some people wouldn't be happy if the furniture or building materials suddenly look very different.

Hello everyone. I have a interesting question. It's planned add stone, mud, and terrain blocks and other types of "blocks" (like cylinder, pyramid, etc) made of terrains material?

Yes, probably this will be part of the next update ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!