How to see if sector is legacy one after cave update in a existing world?

• I wrote a plugin who export raw data from game and now i have several exported/processed islands and i don't know if they are same (legacy) or a new sectors. I work on local world with same seed as server, so from here i have dilemma, locally except spawn sector all are generated with new algorithm post cave update, but on server several sectors was modified by player prior to update so i must somewhat distinguished old sector who remain unchanged.

Examples:

• This looks very interesting! :thumbup:

However, unfortunately the game doesn't track when a sector was created... you can find out if a sector was "modified" by having a look into the "sectors" table in the Chunk.db (if a sector is stored there, it means that it's considered "modified". All necessary chunk data is stored in the "info" column, so if the algorithm changes, it's not affected by this.

If you want to recreate a multiplayer world in singleplayer, you will basically need the Chunks.db (or at least the content from the "sectors" table). If you're using the Plugin API, you could extract the sector data through the WorldDatabase (i.e. WorldDatase.executeQuery()).

But I don't think there is really a way to find out if a sector was created before or after the biomes update... but on the other hand, why do you need this information specifically?

• On world of MR will not be a full reset, but is considered to override manually some sectors. So is good to know what already was saved in the past. And i can reuse old data already extracted. Otherwise i must reextract raw data/reprocess again and compare with live sector to see if must change. But i think i can have access at Chunks.db from before update, so i will open externally and extract what sectors are saved here :thumbup:.

Btw i already updated map with full 20x20 sector around origin 0, 0 Now must fill remaining data about islands and regions!

• This looks amazing, well done! 8):thumbup:

Basically the data you've already created should still be valid (if the sector was a "modified" sector, i.e. already stored in the database). Only caves were added to existing sectors, but they could be ignored in this case.

• I opened table sectors from chunks.db before cave update and i got all coordinates of them ( x, z) ( x on horizontally growing to east, z on vertically growing to north - Correctly?) .
    I found on world 30 sectors saved which i marked on map with green. Other are sectors starting to be discovered by players. (Blue ocean, yellow arid, light blue Cold.

PS: I got a report one sector saved was regenerated after cave update (i can't confirm myself because i don't have raw data from that sector), even if sector was found sectors table. Its possible to sector regenerated on this case?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!