best stone material?

• what do you guys think the best in-game material id for stone statues is? i really want one that looks like it was carved out of the terrain, or matches the lion head statue items, but nothing looks nearly close enough to me. some of the marble almost looks good but the shine ruins it.

ich kann nur ein bisschen deutsch sprechen (mehr lesen). fur alles andere, es gibt google translate.

any blueprints i share are free to use however you want (aside from selling them obviously), but i would love to see what you do with them, and be sure to credit me when you share projects that involve my work.

Bitte verlinken Sie zurück zu meinen Blueprint-Threads (oder erwähnen Sie zumindest meinen Namen), wenn Sie Projekte hochladen, die meine Arbeit verwenden.

• Pick a texture you like and try to use the color brush, it's easier like that.

paint tends to hide the texture a lot, which is important NOT to do when going for a natural, rough stone look like i am

i was wrong here! it's not that bad. still, i'd rather have a texture that naturally matches the terrain, and if i just paint one it then loses the depth it has due to being multi-color. but yeah this suggestion is still the best option at the moment.

ich kann nur ein bisschen deutsch sprechen (mehr lesen). fur alles andere, es gibt google translate.

any blueprints i share are free to use however you want (aside from selling them obviously), but i would love to see what you do with them, and be sure to credit me when you share projects that involve my work.

Bitte verlinken Sie zurück zu meinen Blueprint-Threads (oder erwähnen Sie zumindest meinen Namen), wenn Sie Projekte hochladen, die meine Arbeit verwenden.

Edited once, last by AlphaGodith ().

• ID 200 or ID 702 come pretty close. Coloring with a light or middle gray makes it even better, i think. Textures remain intact.

Or will you not use these anymore now, just because i suggested? ;)

You have a great talent btw. I like your creations very much, especially the dog was really cute. Reminded me of my german sheppard, great memories.

• Yaromid i take back what i initially responded to you with. i just tried your suggestion out, and it worked a lot better than i had expected. (i'd swear i remember struggling with painting textured wood or something before, but then again that was over a year ago lol)

still rather have a naturally closer match, in part for convenience but also in part due to how painting the stone obviously reduces the natural hue variation in it, making it look less organic.

this'll work for now tho so :thumbup:

• Yaromid i take back what i initially responded to you with. i just tried your suggestion out, and it worked a lot better than i had expected. (i'd swear i remember struggling with painting textured wood or something before, but then again that was over a year ago lol)

still rather have a naturally closer match, in part for convenience but also in part due to how painting the stone obviously reduces the natural hue variation in it, making it look less organic.

this'll work for now tho so :thumbup:

You are welcome :)

I also struggled finding a fitting texture for my building and the painting mechanic worked surprisingly well

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!