Group, Copy/Duplicate elements -- not bluprinting

• I know I've been spamming the forums of late, sorry. THIS is something I really, really wish we could do. Group a few elements, and copy or duplicate and place. Not the same as a blueprint which is fine for big builds, or something you're going to place once or twice.

The ability to group several elements, duplicate them, then move/rotate position and place them quickly will speed building complex parts, for example a custom-made truss or a fence section or complicated trim pieces wherein the element has multiple pieces and needs to be repeated many times.

So we'd need a way to multi-select pieces either by clicking and dragging around the assembled element or shift click (harder maybe) or both. Then group them and duplicate as a group. The groups should stay grouped once placed too so you could delete them as a group.

This might be something restricted to creative mode, and that's fine, but I think it's needed!

Is this a possibility?? :?:

• hey it's not spam if it's legitimate, full thoughts and concerns and you're not just repeating the same ones over and over!

personally tho, i actually do use blueprints for exactly what you described (i make a blueprint of a fence post and some railings, then just copy and paste it to make the rest of the pen or whatever it is), the only problem is that blueprints don't snap, but i haven't had issues with that yet since i can get everything close enough.

ich kann nur ein bisschen deutsch sprechen (mehr lesen). fur alles andere, es gibt google translate.

any blueprints i share are free to use however you want (aside from selling them obviously), but i would love to see what you do with them, and be sure to credit me when you share projects that involve my work.

Bitte verlinken Sie zurück zu meinen Blueprint-Threads (oder erwähnen Sie zumindest meinen Namen), wenn Sie Projekte hochladen, die meine Arbeit verwenden.

• Right, I have used blueprints that way too, but I just find that process to be so cumbersome and clunky by comparison. Snapping is really a valuable function and I'd want that too. I can understand when people play survival you want building and blueprinting to be "expensive." I get that and play completely differently in survival. But for creative builders it's a different game and we want it to work easily and logically.

I want it all! LOL.

• i play a mix of both so i actually don't want blueprints to be expensive XD but i do get what you mean. i don't mind blueprinting to copy paste, but i certainly would like to be able to snap and mirror those blueprints.

although, there WAS a recent change to how the blueprint works that makes it vanish when you use it- even in creative. i did most of my building before that change and it's not one i'm fond of. i also think that it would be very nice if making a blueprint automatically added it to your inventory, instead of requiring that you go to a bench to get it... perhaps things like that would make it more useful for you as well?

ich kann nur ein bisschen deutsch sprechen (mehr lesen). fur alles andere, es gibt google translate.

any blueprints i share are free to use however you want (aside from selling them obviously), but i would love to see what you do with them, and be sure to credit me when you share projects that involve my work.

Bitte verlinken Sie zurück zu meinen Blueprint-Threads (oder erwähnen Sie zumindest meinen Namen), wenn Sie Projekte hochladen, die meine Arbeit verwenden.

• although, there WAS a recent change to how the blueprint works that makes it vanish when you use it- even in creative. i did most of my building before that change and it's not one i'm fond of. i also think that it would be very nice if making a blueprint automatically added it to your inventory, instead of requiring that you go to a bench to get it... perhaps things like that would make it more useful for you as well?

Yes. This exactly. I don't want to stop what I'm doing to go to a bench or even out to inventory. I want to just keep building seamlessly.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!