New player question

• Hi there. I have had this game on steam for a long time. With the newer updates the world seems more alive now and I would like to really play. One thing that's bothering me is the mining speed so to speak. It takes an excessive amount of time. Is there a way a command or a setting to speed up mining stone or dirt or trees? Now I've only been using the stone tool right now but it is too slow for me. Any other advice or tips that you might have for a beginner to learn the game please feel free to leave me. Thanks so much I am searching all through YouTube to try to find current beginner guides.

• the basic stone tool is the slowest, if you craft a better one like a steel pick or a drill, it goes MUCH faster. there is however also a gameplay setting in misc that enables 'instant digging' (under 'singleplayer' in misc settings) which you can use if you don't want to just work your way up manually.

also this doesn't address this concern specifically, but if you're looking for guides might i recommend my own? https://steamcommunity.com/sha…iledetails/?id=3141655353

ich kann nur ein bisschen deutsch sprechen (mehr lesen). fur alles andere, es gibt google translate.

any blueprints i share are free to use however you want (aside from selling them obviously), but i would love to see what you do with them, and be sure to credit me when you share projects that involve my work.

Bitte verlinken Sie zurück zu meinen Blueprint-Threads (oder erwähnen Sie zumindest meinen Namen), wenn Sie Projekte hochladen, die meine Arbeit verwenden.

• Thank you for this help. I absolutely appreciate you pointing me towards your guide. That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks so much

• Okay I think I realize what I have done wrong. I was not in the newest version. So now I'm going to go into the beta? I believe that's where I'll find all the settings that you have listed. Thank you again this is a massive help.

• Okay I think I realize what I have done wrong. I was not in the newest version. So now I'm going to go into the beta? I believe that's where I'll find all the settings that you have listed. Thank you again this is a massive help.

oh yes my apologies, i should have asked which version you were referring to. you are most welcome!

ich kann nur ein bisschen deutsch sprechen (mehr lesen). fur alles andere, es gibt google translate.

any blueprints i share are free to use however you want (aside from selling them obviously), but i would love to see what you do with them, and be sure to credit me when you share projects that involve my work.

Bitte verlinken Sie zurück zu meinen Blueprint-Threads (oder erwähnen Sie zumindest meinen Namen), wenn Sie Projekte hochladen, die meine Arbeit verwenden.

• :)
    • ;)
    • :(
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • :verysad:
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • :crazy:
    • :lol:
    • :dizzy:
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :thinking:
    • :wacko:
    • :/
    • 8)
    • :wat:
    • :huh:
    • :silenced:
    • :wow:
    • 8|
    • :angry:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :hushed:
    • :nerd:
    • :saint:
    • :drooling:
    • :love:
    • :monocle:
    • :poo:
    • :party:
    • :drunk:
    • <3
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: 7z, asset, avi, bmp, dds, gif, jpeg, jpg, json, log, lua, mp3, mp4, ogg, pdf, permissions, png, properties, rar, txt, unitypackage, xml, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!