New Language Update September - 23 Languages Are Being Worked On Updating Them To Version 2 With Changes Made In Recent Update.

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.1 (2024-09-02)
  • This was the issue I was seeing in game with Chinese language enabled.......... this would need to be looked at by Red as the Chinese translation was not showing in game.

I need to confirm with Red that the file with the Chinese translation would be named as zh.json

Modded Rising World 2024

Now running : 100 Player Game Server With My New Modded Rising World

Edited once, last by RunAndHideGamer ().

• Are you doing Chinese (Simplified) or Chinese (Traditional)?

for simplified it's zh-CN, for Traditional it's zh-Hant

Also make sure you have Microsoft YaHei in your windows font folder for simplified and Microsoft JhengHei for traditional. They should have been installed by default.

Edit: you could also try just naming the file zh.json and seeing if it'll accept that instead of specifying traditional or simplified.

• I have that font so I can see Chinese on Chinese websites.

I am using Chinese (Simplified)” (zh-CHS) and renamed the file to zh-CHS.json and added that to config.properties but still not seeing Chinese in Rising World.

Modded Rising World 2024

• The attached zip file has the language file which is so far 50% translated to Chinese but shows the issue I am seeing in the item screen which is fully translated....

Files

• zh-CHS.zip

(50.38 kB, downloaded 100 times, last: )

Modded Rising World 2024

• The attached zip file has the language file which is so far 50% translated to Chinese but shows the issue I am seeing in the item screen which is fully translated....

Sorry, wasn't able to get on until a little bit ago and then took some time to mess around with it.

So tried the file, wasn't working just like you.

Tried changing everything to just "zh" to see if pulling from the top of the tree would help, it didn't. The Chinese still wasn't showing but the English that hadn't been done yet was.

There's a couple of possibilities, Red has it using the Ascii and not dynamic font option in unity, for some reason it's not pulling the ms font, or another possibility might be the font size in the game is too small to properly display it.

There's been a lot of changes to Unity since my dev days so could be something else I'm missing.

If Red is going to eventually end up packing these languages into the game as unofficial localizations then might be worth packing in something like Noto Font family that supports 100's of languages.

Anyways hope somehow this helps a bit and sorry I could be of more help.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, if you're not doing both simplified and tradtional Chinese then you can just use "zh" for the language code.

• At this stage I will stick with the Simplified Chinese and leave it open to adding traditional later if requested.

I will finish doing the translation and think Red will need to look at why it is not working in the game.

With other languages I have planned I will test them first to make sure they display in the game.

Modded Rising World 2024

• At this stage I will stick with the Simplified Chinese and leave it open to adding traditional later if requested.

I will finish doing the translation and think Red will need to look at why it is not working in the game.

With other languages I have planned I will test them first to make sure they display in the game.

Yeah, hopefully it's just something stupid simple, sorry again wasn't much help.

• Had not been aware of issues with Unity and Chinese... I just saw a post from March where some of the Chinese characters appeared as squares in Unity.

Modded Rising World 2024

• RunAndHideGamer

Changed the title of the thread from “Chinese Translation In Progress....French, Spanish and Portuguese Translations Released ...” to “French, Spanish and Portuguese Translations Released ...”.
  • I have put the Chinese translation on hold until I can make contact with Red............ apparently there may be issues with the Chinese languages in Unity games.

About 60% of the translation is done but it is costing me money each sentence being translated so a temporary pause until Red can look at this down the track. Translation done so far has been saved and will hopefully be completed when Red has time to look at this.

I am looking at the next language today and will be doing a quick test on it before announcing which language is up next.

Modded Rising World 2024

• RunAndHideGamer

Changed the title of the thread from “French, Spanish and Portuguese Translations Released ...” to “6 new languages : Japanese, Spanish-Spain, Russian in progress.....French, Spanish-Mexican and Portuguese Translations Released ...”.
  • Rising World in 8 languages?

3 new languages being tested........ Russian, Japanese and Spanish-Spain

I am doing 3 languages at the same time which if test ok and are completed will mean 8 languages for Rising World

Modded Rising World 2024

• After testing the languages I have selected the 7 new languages coming to Rising World this week

1. Russian

2. Spanish-Spain

3. Italian

4. Polish

5. Ukraine

6. Japanese

7. Korean

Chinese will also be finished this week.

Modded Rising World 2024

• RunAndHideGamer

Changed the title of the thread from “6 new languages : Japanese, Spanish-Spain, Russian in progress.....French, Spanish-Mexican and Portuguese Translations Released ...” to “6 new languages : Japanese, Spanish-Spain, Russian, Italian,Polish,Ukranian in progress.....French, Spanish-Mexican and Portuguese Translations Released ...”.
  • I will post screenshots in the next 24 to 48 hours showing how the user interface will look in

Russian, Spanish-Spain, Italian, Polish and Ukrainian.....

Modded Rising World 2024

• RunAndHideGamer

Changed the title of the thread from “6 new languages : Japanese, Spanish-Spain, Russian, Italian,Polish,Ukranian in progress.....French, Spanish-Mexican and Portuguese Translations Released ...” to “5 new languages : Spanish-Spain, Russian, Italian, Polish, Ukranian in progress.....French, Spanish-Mexican and Portuguese Translations Released ...”.
  • simultaneous current translations of 7 languages underway for the UI in order....

- Spanish-Spain

- Italian

- Polish

- Russian

- Ukrainian

- Japanese

- Korean

-last 40% part of Chinese will be done separately

Modded Rising World 2024

• Apparently it's going to be an issue with all Asian languages because of the larger than normal character sets and the way Red has the game set since he wasn't worried about localization. Luckily it looks like it's an easy fix on his end.

• Apparently it's going to be an issue with all Asian languages because of the larger than normal character sets and the way Red has the game set since he wasn't worried about localization. Luckily it looks like it's an easy fix on his end.

Good news.... hopefully I can add Asian languages after the next update.

Modded Rising World 2024

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!