Posts by CursedXistence

Red had implemented the beginnings of a progression system with the last update where a few of the recipes didn't unlock until you obtain a certain ore, crushed it, etc. but ended up disabling it for now because of not having the journal implemented in the game yet to explain the system to the players. To many were running to the forums asking what the "?" recipes were, etc.

Hey I tried to color a glass tube but I could not get it dark enough around a candle to look right and give off colored light. Have you done this?

PS sliding doors are used in modern Western builds too, Like barn doors and pocket doors. So a sideways moving door would be awesome.

For the Japanese style lanterns blueprint I made I ended up using one of the older wavy glass panes colored amber and a lantern, the candles just wouldn't give off enough light to make it work. If you use the right glass you with the lantern you can still get the right amount of light yet it hides the fact there's a lantern and not a candle inside.

I'm still not even sure how the world I've been working on since the unity version launched ended up tilting Asian, it didn't start off that way at all. lol I think maybe it's just because I watch a lot of Asian series and have always loved their architecture better than the crap we have in the states. lol

Sounds like someone wants to make Shoji screen doors and windows to go along with their Sake set.;) This would be wonderful. I have several medieval Japanese structures I have built but inside having sliding Shoji doors have made the immersion complete.

Maybe someday we can get sliding doors too.

I used the milk glass for the outer shoji windows which I mean that's fine, I have the traditional style walls and ceiling but the more modern milk glass for the shoji and the more modern straight roof, it's a mix of old and modern. But yeah....freaking having proper shoji and Fusuma doors / interior walls would be nice.

1. Google translate might be good with translating English / German, but I've also seen it mangle translations for other languages. If I had at least some base knowledge of German then I could ensure that it was translating it properly enough to say what is meant.

2. Panes aren't just about the size, it's also about the material properties like light transmission, transparency, etc. Also not just window frame insertion but also hopefully being able to use them to make doors as well, that works differently than just sizing a block down into a pane size and placing it like we normally would any other block.

3. It's good that Red has been considering adding more block shapes, that's the whole purpose of this thread is to compile them all in one place.

A Hollow cone. Wish since the unity version begins.

There are other threads with missing shapes. Problem is that you have to write a thread in English and German, but sometimes this is not done.

Btw you can resize every material into a pane and also use it with copy.

Yeah unfortunately I don't know German and I don't trust translation programs, etc. to always get it right so I can only do the thread in English. If there's someone that's fluent in both languages willing to translate any German posts for me that would be amazeballs. Just trying to save Red a whole lot of time by compiling a list in one place instead of him having to sort through tons of posts himself.

Ohhh that's a good one with the Hollow cone, yeah definitely one to add. I've just been using the hollow cylinder and a regular cone combined for that shape.

As far as the can resize every material into a pane. Yes you can, but the dedicated panes for fabrics and papers would have the semi transparent material quality set to them (much like the milk glass, etc.) and that's something you can't achieve with the resize method.

No, I was complimenting on your ability to think spatially. <misspelling that may have made you think special>. I have a retired life so my job really is to hang out being unproductive to society but I also spend too much time building and programming plugins for this game just for fun. :D

Nope....my lack of fully peeling my eyes open and having a cup of coffee before trying to internet is what made me think you wrote special and not spatial. lol

I was one of the original modders for Space Engineers and worked with a lot of the other original modders so we keep running into block shapes we needed so we'd just make mods for them. Then spent a bit over a year working with the devs on Empyrion Galactic Survival (with some of the other previously mentioned original SE modders) so again we kept coming up with shapes missing that we needed. Funny thing is as more advanced as the building is in Rising World, yet you guessed it, keep coming up with needing shapes that are missing here too. lol

Really takes some spacial thinking to come up with this thread, congrats. Not sure, you can get some shapes the by clipping pieces together like we used to get arches and stuff. But out of the blue, how about the ability to distort a block shape into a Rhombus? These might be difficult shapes to snap too.

anyway my 5 cents.

So what you're really saying is I have no life and spend way too much time building things in this game..... guilty as charged. lol

MISSING BLOCK SHAPES:

1. Half Sphere

2. Quarter Half Sphere

3. Hollow Half Sphere

4. Hollow Quarter Half Sphere

5. Hollow Quarter Sphere

6. Quarter Hollow Cylinder

7. Hollow Cube

8. Cylinder with 45 degree miter on one end (possible with surface edit, but it distorts shape)

9. Hollow Cylinder with 45 degree miter on one end (possible with surface edit, but it distorts shape)

10. Panes For Fabric and Paper.

11. Torus

12. Half Torus

13. Quarter Torus

14. Hollow cone

The purpose of this thread is to list all of the basic block shapes that people think are still missing. Any that people post in subsequent posts I'll add to this main list just to make sure they aren't duplicated and to make it easier for Red to see them all. Again, this is only for simple block shapes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I created that world just about 2 weeks ago because demo world stopped working and it was working fine until yesterday

I can send it to you maybe you can figure it out

Where can send it to ?

It's possible your laptop gpu is struggling to load it because of the build size. A dedicated 1060 can still run the game fine (I had that gpu until I built my new pc in January), but the 1060 m might be struggling with it and causing the crash.

If you have access to another pc (preferably a desktop) try copying the world over to that pc and seeing if it loads fine. If you don't have access to another pc then you can always pack the world file and I'm sure someone would be willing to try to load it for you to see if they have the same issue or not.

I actually have that westernized style Japanese bed in my Japanese decor guest bedroom in real. Well it is a queen bed with two tatamis. ;)

I agree bedding looks a little clunky in the game. Not sure what texture is best.

I think I'm going to do up another version of it with the stacked Tatami mat "mattress" as well, just been trying to figure out how I want to do it.

Yeah, voxel and fabric just don't play well together, especially with still missing some block shapes we really need for more organic forms.

The ones you came up with are pretty good though.

Unfortunately there is so "Split Amount" option so we can manually input how many we want split off.

Personally I think that would be one of the biggest QOL changes that could be done to the inventory system.