New Language Update September - 23 Languages Are Being Worked On Updating Them To Version 2 With Changes Made In Recent Update.

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.1 (2024-09-02)
  • How big are the language files I am translating?

Each language file is 5218 lines long which means for the 8 languages I am doing this week would be 41,744 lines of code to look through.

Thankfully BabelEdit makes this a lot easier to do.

Once the 8 languages are done, then I start Stage 2 which means going though all 11 translations files to look for any text not correctly translated by Google.

And after Stage 2 is done comes Stage 3 which adds in any changes to the language files with the update coming from Red.

So in theory doing 11 languages 3 times means going through 172,194 lines of code.

I think I have a headache now.... :)

Modded Rising World 2024

Now running : 100 Player Game Server With My New Modded Rising World

Edited 4 times, last by RunAndHideGamer ().

• I completed translations for some of the bigger sections of the files.... now I am translating the remaining and smaller sections.

Still looking at releasing 8 new languages day after tomorrow.

Modded Rising World 2024

• RunAndHideGamer

Changed the title of the thread from “11 languages For May and June: Korean, Japanese, Spanish-Spain, Russian, Italian, Polish, Ukranian, Chinese in progress.....French, Spanish-Mexican and Portuguese Translations Stage 1 Released ...” to “12 languages For May and June: Turkish, Korean, Japanese, Spanish-Spain, Russian, Italian, Polish, Ukranian, Chinese in progress.....French, Spanish-Mexican and Portuguese Translations Stage 1 Released ...”.
  • Making good progress adding the Turkish language. If you want a language for Rising World please leave a comment and I will add that with the next round of translations.

Modded Rising World 2024

• There will be a change to how the languages are downloaded here from this weekend.

Instead of downloading the zip files for each individual language, I will be putting all the languages and updates in the one zip file which will be a small 2 meg in size.

Then it is simply of matter of extracting all the language files onto your computer (2 or 3 meg in total size) into the language folder.

This will make it simpler for me to do the updates in the future.

Modded Rising World 2024

• Have you had a chance to talk to Red51 yet about the issues with the larger / Asian Languages not showing up?

• Have you had a chance to talk to Red51 yet about the issues with the larger / Asian Languages not showing up?

No.......back on June 11 you had left this post here........

"Apparently it's going to be an issue with all Asian languages because of the larger than normal character sets and the way Red has the game set since he wasn't worried about localization. Luckily it looks like it's an easy fix on his end."

I had assumed this meant you had spoken to him about this so I did not make contact with him assuming he was aware of the issue with Asian languages.

Does this mean there may not be an easy fix for Asian languages at all.?

Modded Rising World 2024

• Sorry for the confusion, that was just based off of what I found on the net about the issue and my own previous experience developing with Unity. I hadn't spoken to Red51 about it, not my place to.

But yeah it is something he can fix on his end so they'll work, just which method he can use depends on how he has things setup on his end.

• The developer contacted me an hour ago and the news is good.......

This is what he said on the steam forum.

"Currently the fonts used by the game don't support chinese, japanese or korean characters unfortunately =/ There are also a few other limitations, like cyrillic or greek characters not working on signs, for example.

However, this should be fixed with the next update ;) If it still doesn't work then, please let me know"

So with what Red has now told me, translation of Chinese, Japanese and Korean will still be completed but will not be released until after the update and after testing........

Modded Rising World 2024

• I will be looking at the next group of languages to translate starting in July so please let me know if a particular translation is required.

Modded Rising World 2024

• I have just purchased more credits for the translation software which means after completing the current translations I will be able to add a dozen more languages to Rising World over the next month or so.

Modded Rising World 2024

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!