What architectural styles, cultures, movies, games, etc. do you draw inspiration for your builds?

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.1 (2024-09-02)
  • Note: carrying over this discussion from the steam forums since not everyone here also uses those ones.

Since this is only partially related to Rising World and may contain talk of other games, etc. I thought it would be more appropriate to put this in off topic.

Just curious what everyone draws their inspiration from when it comes to their builds?

• My more realistic build usually come from a hodgepodge of what I'd actually want in real life so smaller 1 person houses, etc. stuff like that, but as lot of my bigger more fantasy builds usually are inspired by the books I've read and my imagination figuring out what those places would look like.

• Real life, in my area there are lots of castles and ruins.

Also epic movies like lord of the rings. I'm one of the few persons who is disappointed by what Jackson made of this great story, characterwise and partially storywuse. But i admit the scenery is impressive.

I also read a lot and a good description of a building or area inspires me.

Lately i also use ai to get inspiration and it works very well

• I get what you mean about Lord Of The Rings, it's the same thing with me and the newest attempt at Dune. I actually thought the early 2000's sci-fi (Sy-Fy) channel take on Dune and Children Of Dune was a lot better, minus the visual effects of course.

I've been rewatching the anime "Sword Art Online" and think I'm going to build the log cabin from it, could be a cool design to try and I don't normally build things from anime. https://swordartonline.fandom.…i/Forest_House_K4#Gallery

• im absolutely not into anime. some might be less "annoying" than others but in general its not my taste. though millions love it, so why not take it as inspiration :)

Every once in a while there's a couple that come out that are actually good storyline wise, etc., but overall yeah too many annoying ones, but then again same goes with movies and tv series lately as well.

You mentioned using ai for inspiration, how have the results been that you've been getting from it? I haven't really messed around with it.

• Every once in a while there's a couple that come out that are actually good storyline wise, etc., but overall yeah too many annoying ones, but then again same goes with movies and tv series lately as well.

You mentioned using ai for inspiration, how have the results been that you've been getting from it? I haven't really messed around with it.

Copilot/dall-e produces quite good results. Sometimes a bit odd and don't try to get something written into the pic. But in general it's nice. I love to mess around with it

• My answer to inspiration is: YES! All of it. I'm up for trying nearly everything, but I guess my inclination is stick to the real world and smaller more intimate builds than larger, epic ones. Though probably a bit idealized as messy tends to be actually much harder to pull off.

Currently, I'm still working on the Safari Lodge/Camp; a tropical South Pacific Island; my own Home USA (just started and surprisingly giving me a lot of trouble getting the split levels to work out. Meters to feet is a big issue to the decimally challenged.) My Medieval tavern and village has sorta fallen into limbo. And in the previous version notably I built Wollaton Hall in Nottingham, UK. I've thought about trying to recreate it in Unity version, but it's only an idle thought. (I'm more likely to attempt it in Planet Zoo.)

I'm trying to stay motivated to play RW, but sadly, I am bored.

• My answer to inspiration is: YES! All of it. I'm up for trying nearly everything, but I guess my inclination is stick to the real world and smaller more intimate builds than larger, epic ones. Though probably a bit idealized as messy tends to be actually much harder to pull off.

Currently, I'm still working on the Safari Lodge/Camp; a tropical South Pacific Island; my own Home USA (just started and surprisingly giving me a lot of trouble getting the split levels to work out. Meters to feet is a big issue to the decimally challenged.) My Medieval tavern and village has sorta fallen into limbo. And in the previous version notably I built Wollaton Hall in Nottingham, UK. I've thought about trying to recreate it in Unity version, but it's only an idle thought. (I'm more likely to attempt it in Planet Zoo.)

I'm trying to stay motivated to play RW, but sadly, I am bored.

I keep running into either block shapes I need that we don't have yet, or needing water blocks, particle generators, etc. stuff to do a lot of the builds and blueprints I want to do so haven't really been building much lately either.

I've actually been thinking about recreating something from Minecraft in Rising World just for something different to do.

• There's also a UK set of series "Tales From The Green Valley", "Tudor Monastery Farm", "Edwardian Farm", "Victorian Farm", and "Secrets Of The Castle" that also show how a lot of the older buildings were built, how farms were laid out, etc. and can be great reference.

They're all old enough series that it shouldn't be hard to find them posted on the net somewhere.

• Like Momma T. said. A bit of everything.

Movie

Sherlock Holmes from the 30s, Frankenstein, Dracula, Edgar Wallace

Games

Dishonored, Bloodborne, Hogwarts legacy, Gothic, Resident Evil.

Bloodborne was even recreated by someone in Minecraft. Damn this guy really needs to find Rising World.

And in real life I am inspired by old theaters, old museums, old high schools, old town halls, old libraries, Roman baths, oriental baths, churches, mosques, castles, botanical gardens, cemeteries, glass work and ceramics, floral patterns and ornaments on carpets and curtains. Oriental mosaic work, my aunt's house, european Southern port cities.

And last but not least everything I see here in the forum or on Steam.

And there's a lot more that I'm probably not even aware of.

I hope google Translator did a good job. 😅

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!