Leather

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)
  • Is it too quick and easy to make leather? It's possible to bring down a stag or elk with a single primitive spear and it takes a few seconds to gut it so the step of obtaining raw materials (pelt) is about the same as say, mining a surface ore. Converting those ores to bars takes quite a time and an additional fuel resource although it doesn't stop the player doing other things. For leather, slapping the pelt on a tanning rack and giving it a few seconds of scraping creates the final product. I haven't timed it but I feel that creating yarn takes longer which doesn't seem right.

A slightly more realistic process would be to place the leather on the rack then require some resource to be added (eg tannin) as a second step but that requires additional systems, graphics etc. Personally I think the present simple system is ok it's just too quick... maybe the production should increase by 5% or 10% steps instead of 25%...?

• Yep, it's way too simplified. Maybe it would be more realistic if we have to put the "leather", after processing it on the tanning rack, in a barrel with some tannin (or other chemicals) and let it soak in.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!