Desert Mountains

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)
  • iAho, mi amigos!

I'm still loving these deserts, Red. You have created THE most realistic deserts I've seen in any game, ever.

I've now fully explored the desert biomes in several seeds, but I'm not finding any mountains. They'd be about the same topography/shape as El Capitán monoliths you already have in the lush biomes. I admit, the North American samples below are hardly the elevation of the Alps, but they're tall for us. :P

Bryce Canyon / Canyon de Chelly / Grand Canyon / Zion

I ask because I'm building stuff like this, but I need a cliff face/steep canyon to do it right.

Mesa Verde Ancestral Pueblo

If it's not too much trouble, of course.

Muchas gracias,

Kesselia

"The most beautiful stories always start with wreckage." ~Jack London

• until this might be a possibility, you could do a terraprint (blueprint) from a mountain that suits you, from any other biome, and place it where you want it. Then use the creative tools to paint it in the texture you like.

• until this might be a possibility, you could do a terraprint (blueprint) from a mountain that suits you, from any other biome, and place it where you want it. Then use the creative tools to paint it in the texture you like.

@Avenar,

I'm trying this idea on a fresh seed, but I'm not that familiar with God Mode/Creative Mode (as it is the least fun part of a sandbox game for me.) Can you direct me to a list of console commands? Or, more specifically Spawn Blueprint? (I searched the forums, but I'm not finding it.)

"The most beautiful stories always start with wreckage." ~Jack London

• Item blueprint 1 I believe. You can start typing in the console and it will show you the commands. For items it's item the item u want fallowed by the amount and optional variation. So the command for Apple would be item Apple 1 for one apple.

• @Avenar,

I'm trying this idea on a fresh seed, but I'm not that familiar with God Mode/Creative Mode (as it is the least fun part of a sandbox game for me.) Can you direct me to a list of console commands? Or, more specifically Spawn Blueprint? (I searched the forums, but I'm not finding it.)

You could just go to creative mode with gm 1.

Then open crafting menu and craft a blueprint without any materiel.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!