Problems with Keep Inventory permission on server

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)
  • Steam or Standalone?
    Steam
    Singleplayer or multiplayer?
    Multiplayer
    Error message?
    No
    Operating system
    Windows

Not sure what I am doing wrong, I have tried this on both java and unity versions of the game, neither seems to be working. I have the "keepinventory" permission set to true in the server. When I look at the permissions list when I'm logged in and playing it shows "keepinventory=false" as the permissions and upon death my inventory disappears. I have tried multiple ways even as much as making my own permissions file and putting it in the permissions folder as well as in the group folder. I even tried to use the spg console command to set myself to the group, however it tells me it can't locate the group that I'm trying to set myself to.

I blame myself, undoubtedly I'm either missing something or doing something wrong. Can anyone help that has gotten this working?

• Nevermind, this was solved on Steam. Solution:

If using GTX to host, when you install the Beta version of the game (the Unity Version) it creates a "permissions" and a "permission.example" folder. This causes a conflict in the game making it where it doesn't register the permission folder correctly.

To fix: Delete the Permissions folder and rename the "Permissions.example" folder to "Permissions" and this will fix the problem. Also, if you are admin then you will need to set the option for giving all admins all permissions to false as there is currently (at the time this was written) a bug causing it to malfunction.

• If you use pingperfect this is what they say to save your inventory.........

You can enable it by going to File Manager>Permissions.Example and edit the default.json file. The keepinventory option under the general section has to be set to true. It is set to true already. If you have done that, please make sure to restart the server for changes to take place.

Modded Rising World 2024

Now running : 100 Player Game Server With My New Modded Rising World

• :)
    • ;)
    • :(
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • :verysad:
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • :crazy:
    • :lol:
    • :dizzy:
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :thinking:
    • :wacko:
    • :/
    • 8)
    • :wat:
    • :huh:
    • :silenced:
    • :wow:
    • 8|
    • :angry:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :hushed:
    • :nerd:
    • :saint:
    • :drooling:
    • :love:
    • :monocle:
    • :poo:
    • :party:
    • :drunk:
    • <3
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: 7z, asset, avi, bmp, dds, gif, jpeg, jpg, json, log, lua, mp3, mp4, ogg, pdf, permissions, png, properties, rar, txt, unitypackage, xml, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!