Request for another block shape (Sorry)

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)
  • Hello. I noticed that you recently added new block shapes. I have really enjoyed the game, and returning to building in it has been a huge pleasure. Thank you so much!

I would like to request another block shape. I made crown moulding for my interior, but alas... there is no way to fill this ugly gap that I've been able to figure out so far. An attempt was made, but yeah. :P

I've attached one image of my attempt and the other of the empty gap.

I also added just a couple of other images because I wanted to let you know how much I enjoy and appreciate your game, even in its current alpha. :)

Thank you for your time and attention.

• Actually your idea for the corner was right, you just need to change the way you're doing it a bit. Use a thin square the same thickness as the 1/4 round piece placed on the ceiling, then you place that corner piece you tried using on that. Then you'll just need to extend one of the trim peices a bit to fill the gap and you should be good.

• Actually your idea for the corner was right, you just need to change the way you're doing it a bit. Use a thin square the same thickness as the 1/4 round piece placed on the ceiling, then you place that corner piece you tried using on that. Then you'll just need to extend one of the trim peices a bit to fill the gap and you should be good.

Thank you. I tried that, but you can only condense the blocks down so far, and it's sadly too thick. Also, it's super hard to get the two meeting pieces to meet in a way that allows for the sharply pointed bottom of that piece to look nice there. I was hoping to do exactly that, but sadly it doesn't work. :(

• Thank you. I tried that, but you can only condense the blocks down so far, and it's sadly too thick. Also, it's super hard to get the two meeting pieces to meet in a way that allows for the sharply pointed bottom of that piece to look nice there. I was hoping to do exactly that, but sadly it doesn't work. :(

if you switch to creative mode you can then scale blocks even smaller than what's possible in survival mode.

• I see the problem. Which shape do you want for the gap? You could fill the gap with overlapping of several components or you could put some kind of keystone on it.

I want a shape like the one I put into the gap in the 2nd picture, but with a thick sides that correspond to the thickness of the "hollow" shapes.

I've tried various piecemeal fixes, including using the "top resizing only" feature, and I haven't been able to come up with an attractive piece that doesn't look, well... rigged together out of scraps.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!