Survival Flatworld(LAN)

• I want to make a flatworld with vegetation, but whenever I try to create one, it makes a world that is completely flat but instead, there is no vegrtation and the default terrain is stone instead of grass. Can someone help? Thanks!

• The default ground material on superflat worlds is determined by the Game_NewFlatWorldTerrainID setting in the config.properties file. Did you maybe change this setting in the past? Just change it back to "GrassDefault" (which is the default value), then create a new world - it should then have grass instead of stone (and vegetation will also spawn again) ;)

• This setting is already set to grassdefault within the client config file. I would think it would be something with the server settings...

I set superflat world type in the dedicated server settings. I also enable vegetation. Upon loading in, the terrain material is stone with no grass or vegetation. What is going on here? Is it a bug?

• Oh, so you're running a dedicated server? The setting mentioned above unfortunately only works for worlds created from the game menu (e.g. singleplayer, LAN or P2P worlds). On dedicated servers, this setting isn't exposed unfortunately, and it seems the game always defaults to stone there... we will change that with the next update (and also expose the setting to the server.properties file) :)

However, in the meantime, you could create a new superflat world locally from the singleplayer menu and copy it to the server world directory then (make sure it uses the same name as the server world, or alternatively change the world name in the server.properties file accordingly).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!