First off - The game is pretty spectacular for an alpha. Runs smooth, looks great, and terrain interactions are really good. I just got the game last week and am really stoked for the future of it.
So these are things that I hope you will consider:
- Rake/Sludge Hammer - Smooths out dirt/grass/sand/stone etc - Currently the natural landscape is smoother than anything I can put down.
- Scythe and Push Mower - two higher tiers of the sickle
- Crowbar - For removing construction and block items, and getting the materials back. Should take longer than breaking to use.
- Saw Table - can be used to get better yields of lumber, planks, and sticks from logs
- Sideways Ramp - This will allow block based building of 45 degree walls/features, that will combine well with the extended Construction capabilities. (hope these were not the slope blocks that were removed in the changelog)
- half blocks - that can be placed in vertical and horizontal, works well with stairs for nice ceiling inlays, recessed floors, and wall nooks
- block based tools/objects - instead of/addition to prefabbed furnaces, kilns, tanks. doors, gates - allow players custom build ones where the design of it adjusts it's capacity/fuel requirements/etc. use a key items placement to active the custom builds like a grate or valve or hinge.
Extended Construction Suggestions -
I know this is a new feature and that it is probably has a bunch of stuff that you have not implemented yet. Just a couple of items to think about
- Tool tips for all the different manipulations (rotations, expansions/contractions, locking in place). took awhile to figure them all out on my own
- Construction object requests - I realize that there will be limitations on physics and such of these items
- square fence posts/round poles - i know you probably already have them in the works, just the main things i want for my current construction projects.
- Ropes/Chains - bridges and such
- Canvas/cloth - custom tents/awnings
Again, you guys are doing an awesome job, and can't wait for the next update.
EDITED - Found the requested feature while looking for y rotations.