List of Suggests - Tools, Blocks, Construction Items

A big new update is now available, introducing biomes, caves and much more!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.0.3 (2024-02-21)
  • First off - The game is pretty spectacular for an alpha. Runs smooth, looks great, and terrain interactions are really good. I just got the game last week and am really stoked for the future of it.

So these are things that I hope you will consider:

Tools-

• Rake/Sludge Hammer - Smooths out dirt/grass/sand/stone etc - Currently the natural landscape is smoother than anything I can put down.
    • Scythe and Push Mower - two higher tiers of the sickle
    • Crowbar - For removing construction and block items, and getting the materials back. Should take longer than breaking to use.
    • Saw Table - can be used to get better yields of lumber, planks, and sticks from logs

Block Suggestions-

• Sideways Ramp - This will allow block based building of 45 degree walls/features, that will combine well with the extended Construction capabilities. (hope these were not the slope blocks that were removed in the changelog)
    • half blocks - that can be placed in vertical and horizontal, works well with stairs for nice ceiling inlays, recessed floors, and wall nooks
    • block based tools/objects - instead of/addition to prefabbed furnaces, kilns, tanks. doors, gates - allow players custom build ones where the design of it adjusts it's capacity/fuel requirements/etc. use a key items placement to active the custom builds like a grate or valve or hinge.

Extended Construction Suggestions -
    I know this is a new feature and that it is probably has a bunch of stuff that you have not implemented yet. Just a couple of items to think about

• Tool tips for all the different manipulations (rotations, expansions/contractions, locking in place). took awhile to figure them all out on my own
    • Construction object requests - I realize that there will be limitations on physics and such of these items

• square fence posts/round poles - i know you probably already have them in the works, just the main things i want for my current construction projects.
      • Ropes/Chains - bridges and such
      • Canvas/cloth - custom tents/awnings

Again, you guys are doing an awesome job, and can't wait for the next update.

- Quezax

EDITED - Found the requested feature while looking for y rotations.

• Hey,

thank you very much for the nice words and your suggestions! :)
    Let's go into detail:

Rake: Sounds good! Apart from that, we want to introduce something like a shovel to flatten terrain.

Scythe and mower: That's planned, at least the mower. How about the scythe? What should be the biggest difference to the sickle (affected area, speed) in your opinion?

Crowbar: Good idea! It will be available for constructions and objects. Not sure about blocks...

Saw table: We think about that!

Sideway ramp: Yes, definitely a good point, we're already working on it ;) And don't worry, it has nothing to do with the slope blocks^^

Half blocks: Sounds interesting, but it's a lot of work, especially when vertical half blocks should also be available. If we really add this as blocks, it will have a low priority. Perhaps we can add something similar for the construction system instead?

Block based tools/objects: That's a pretty cool feature, but it has some downsides. On the one hand, it's complicated to exactly define how "good" your object will be (in terms of capacity etc.), and it's also complicated to define exact positions (for example, your sitting position for a chair), on the other hand, some people will tend (in multiplayer) to build absurd stuff, and other people will build objects with a high degree of detail, what would be bad for performance :/

Tooltips: What do you mean exactly? When building a construction element or an object, you can press F1 to see the default keys for it. Or do you talk about more detailed explanations?

Square fence posts: We will bring woodbeams shortly (which are square and will be suitable as a fence post). Apart from that, we also want to offer a fence "out of the box".

Ropes/Chains: Sounds good, but I'm not sure if it fits so well with the construction system. At least we already planned something like ropes for the future, but with totally different behaviour than the "static" construction elements. We must think about it ;)

Canvas/cloth: That should be no problem!

• Wow, I thank you for taking the time to respond so quickly.

Scythe: I was thinking of the tool as it actually is, and that it is a slower tool than the sickle since it is two-handed and much larger but you cover a wider area per stroke. a progressive step up from the basic sickle.

Block Based tools/objects: So I do not know how much process automation you have planned for your game. I have built factories in other sandboxes games, and being able to control the size and shape of some of the stages is helpful and give you control over how many resources you want to put toward a certain processes. Plus you can work it in aesthetically to the overall build. Plus I find it adds another level of immersion, if you have to plan and build a blast furnace or then just place it. As I said, just something to think about.

Tooltips: Sorry, NM, I didn't know about F1 in the build construction, I was going off of the ones being there for block placement, and the same thing not being there for construction.

So I was playing and really liked the fact that you could break logs after chopping up a fallen tree, and would like to that give the player firewood as an optimal wood form of fuel. Also I like when processes and work is handled outside of a interface window. It is a really neat detail that you should leverage into the experience.

Thanks again for taking my suggestions into consideration, and I look forward to see how the game progresses.
    I may have to see if I can learn LUA...

• Scythe: I was thinking of the tool as it actually is, and that it is a slower tool than the sickle since it is two-handed and much larger but you cover a wider area per stroke. a progressive step up from the basic sickle.

Sounds good, we will implement that!

Block Based tools/objects: So I do not know how much process automation you have planned for your game. I have built factories in other sandboxes games, and being able to control the size and shape of some of the stages is helpful and give you control over how many resources you want to put toward a certain processes. Plus you can work it in aesthetically to the overall build. Plus I find it adds another level of immersion, if you have to plan and build a blast furnace or then just place it. As I said, just something to think about.

We will definitely think about it and keep it in mind, perhaps we can add this in the future ;)

So I was playing and really liked the fact that you could break logs after chopping up a fallen tree, and would like to that give the player firewood as an optimal wood form of fuel. Also I like when processes and work is handled outside of a interface window. It is a really neat detail that you should leverage into the experience.

Firewood, campfires and everything related to that is currently undergoing preparation ;) And I totally agree with the fact, that handling processes directly in the world without a separate interface window is much better, we try to do that as long as it is possible.

I may have to see if I can learn LUA...

Let us know if you have any questions about that :) We also need to continue to work on our wiki, unfortunately we lost sight of it in the last time...

• Sounds good, we will implement that!

Love to see how quickly you implemented the scythe (talking about the halloween update)! Good work! :thumbup:

"I wish I had a dollar for every time I spent a dollar, because then, I'd have all my money back" :P

• That was pretty fast, so that mean we are getting ore and animals monday??? J/K

Pah, animals and ores, on monday we're going to release Concept 2 :D ;) *jk*

Great job guys, I am going pumkin-hunting, then I need to working on some catapult designs for the eventual Concept Pumpkin Chunkin Contests....

Sounds really cool, I hope you have success with the hunt, but don't leave a mess with the pumpkins :D

• Generaters! Wouldent it be neat to go down a mine pushing a cart down to collect coal and then the lights flicker and you hear the generator run out of fuel and then the lights suddenly go out and your in pitch black how scary would that be! Lol

• I know im just so excited for this game!

Hehe, glad to hear that :) Perhaps we can soon implement something like batteries for flashlights and penlights. You see when you're on low battery when the light becomes weaker and starts flickering. Not the same as the generator that runs out of fuel and affects all lights in your mine, but better than nothing :D

• Nice! and maybe some little earth rumbles when in caves ! is that to creepy? oh and it really nice to see more people coming on the web site!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!