What am I doing wrong? Ore/Mining

• Hey all, great game so far, however I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if ore is just super, super rare right now. Now, I've been able to find pre-existing caves with iron ore in them and smelt it, make metal products, etc; however once those spots in the pre-existing caves are mined out, I can't for the life of me find more ore unless I go searching for another pre-existing cave. I have been making my own mine for the last 2 hours and I have not found a single ore in all that time and I've gone pretty deep. Am I just doing something wrong, or is the world just filled with a tiny amount of iron ore? Any tips or help would be appreciated. Thanks!

• Ores spawn distributed over the whole underground (which is very deep). They don't spawn explicitly around caves, but due to their sizes, caves are extremely helpful for finding ores. If you've collected all resources in a cave, look (or dig) for the next one. We even slightly reduced the spawn frequency of ores right before we released the update, since there were too many ores visible in caves.
    Only exception: With the latest update, we increased the spawn frequency when caves are disabled for your world (otherwise it's nearly impossible to gather enough stuff).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!