Questions on Backups and Updates

• I have a few questions. My apologies if these have been answered or addressed. This is a dedicated Linux server.

• Is there a way to send saveall command through the console or screen?
    • If the server is shutdown without running saveall how much progress will be lost?
    • I am curious as to how backups work?
    • If I were to implement a backup script what conditions should be met for the backup to succeed.
    • I am working on a “file checker”. When I use wget or curl for this link I get this download.php?type=server. I expected to get server_0.5.7.4.zip. What url should I use to stay up to date?

Thank you in advance for any and all help.

• Is there a way to send saveall command through the console or screen?

Unfortunately not yet...

If the server is shutdown without running saveall how much progress will be lost?

Unless there is a problem (you would see sql errors coming up in the output console then), you should usually never lose more than 10 seconds.

I am curious as to how backups work?

There are no real backups at all. Only when an update arrives which requires the world to be converted, a backup of the world is created in the ".backup" subfolder.

If I were to implement a backup script what conditions should be met for the backup to succeed.

Just save the world folder, or - when using MySQL - the according database ;)

I am working on a “file checker”. When I use wget or curl for this link I get this download.php?type=server. I expected to get server_0.5.7.4.zip. What url should I use to stay up to date?

You want to download the file, or just check for an update? If you just need to know the latest version, you can use this link: http://ds1.jiw-games.net/version_server.php?game=risingworld

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!