Dedicated server not showing in server list

• Hi, I'm running a dedicated server for my group of friends and it doesn't want to show up in the server list for anyone. When I connect from my gaming machine (server is running on another box) I use the full external ip:port. Without the port I can't connect. All of my friends only need the ip. If they attach the port it won't connect. For me, I can see the server in my history and then add it to my favorites, however it never shows up in the server list. All of my friends have to put in the IP every time and use the Connect to IP button.

Now I think it has something to do with what I'm seeing in the startup logs but I don't know how I would change it.

So my internal ip is 10.243.143.38 ... that is correct. The machine is named Annar. However Annar.hsd1.mi.comcast.net is never going to be found on the open internet. Why is the HTTP Server bind to Annar.hsd1.mi.comcast.net? Shouldn't it be using my external IP, as in the actual numbers, not the name? I'm pretty sure this is the cause for the 'Unable to authenticate Server'. Is there some setting I can use to force it to use my numbers?

• Yeah, that worked. I could have sworn the instructions said to set that to your internal IP. Ok, well its working great now, thanks.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!