I already posted this in my server thread, but it is more appropriate here as others could benefit from this. I am planning on creating the following:
- A player group system allowing players to form groups and the leader (the one who formed it) can turn on and off friendly fire within that group.
- A friend system where players can friend each other and turn on or off friendly fire between friends.
- Enhancement to the AreaProtection system where individual players can allow their friends and others to access their protected area, or ban ones who they don't want to have access. I am also going to limit the number of areas to 1 and the size of the area so that players don't abuse it by claiming half the map. This will act as a whitelist of sorts where players who aren't allowed in the area will not be able to enter it, and players who are already in the area will get teleported out if the owner bans them, or removes them from the allowed list.
- Possibly a clan system allowing some of the same functionality as the group system and area protection system only on a clan scale. An individual would be able to claim territory within a clan territory, but clan members would be allowed to visit the member's territory. Clan areas would be larger than the largest player area. The clan system would have a much more robust hierarchy than the group system. Each rank within a clan will have a different set of permissions defined as roles, and roles can be assigned and removed to and from ranks (e.g. the ability to grant clan land access, the ability to promote, demote, etc.).
- A criminal system where if a player attacks another player he/she would be assigned a score between a scale represented by evil to neutral, to good (maybe a 100 point scale). This would be of use in future scripts that could punish or make KOS the criminal.
If anyone has any ideas, let me know. This should be fun.