Linux version Kubuntu 15.10 game crash on lan or internet connect

• In Kubuntu Linux versions 14 and 15.10 My game crashes when i click open for lan, Or in multiplayer if i connect to another server using connect or connect with IP.
    All drivers are the latest. Firewall on or off makes no difference.
    Also this is the non steam version of the game fully updated.
    These are the error logs.

• Ok I found the answer. I don't install a system wide default version of java. Instead i download it to a folder and point the java .jar file to the java inside that folder where i installed java. In the past this has always worked.
    However the risingworld.sh file by default overrides this action with the statement java -jar -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:MaxDirectMemorySize=1024m -Xmx1024m risingworld.jar, Which causes it to use the default java regardless what i associate the .jar file with.

So by adding the path to my downloaded version of java like so, /home/eyerobot/stored/jre1.8.0_65/bin/java -jar -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:MaxDirectMemorySize=1024m -Xmx1024m risingworld.jar. I can cause it to use the java that i prefer rather than iced tea, Which was causing all of these problems in the first place.

Yes i know i need to install oracles java system wide. But I really don't want to. I've had a lot of problems doing that in the past.
    Anyway if your a java downloader like me, Try this.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!