Animal or Monsters, Enemy!

• i like building and Craft Ing and it is a fun game. But i would like to have the operturnity to choose: animal on/off, monster on/off. enemy on / off.
    is that possible? or someone Think this allready? the best! T-craft
    :thumbsup:

• Yes, you can filter out anything you want. You can treat this like Skyrim + those Nexus mods & such. It's that easy.

-----------

And in general.....

Also, thanks to the desire not to have roaming hostile entities we're stuck with hostile animals above. I do hope for some 'rare boss' or something on the top side, or else it get boring. I do hope those dangers from dungeons leak out into the main world on occasions. Look at Space Engineers with pirates & Timber & Stone with skeletons & such. Needs more of that, even if people voted against it. People only saying that in fear & frustration, yet they secretly enjoy it for stories told.

• I agree hostile roaming entities and animals are part of the survival aspect I've been waiting for to really make the game worth playing. If it remains a safe sandbox I doubt I'll get much fun out of it. On the other hand if Red51 does hostile animals right they could actually be better than random roaming monsters.

Stick different creatures in different environments . . . giant snakes, dinosaurs, carnivorous plants in the jungle, wolf packs, herd animals that defend their "territory", hives of giant insects & spiders . . . perhaps have set "dens" or other structures that spawn them in specific areas and let those regenerate in "logical" locations if the player is away from a "cleared" area for too long. Random wandering monsters are fine, but set adversaries and their prey animals in different biomes could be even better I guess.

Minecrafts random skeletons, zombies, and creepers get boring fast. If I go the jungle let me find different challenges and resources than if I'm on the plains, or in the boreal forest; and if people don't want those hostiles, or want to be able to clear areas and have them remain safe without effort . . . that could be a nice setting for casual players.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!