6.3. And 6.3.1 questions

• When updating server files do we keep the existing permission files or should they be replaced with the latest when updating the server.

Second is there a plan to release a new rcon so that the permissions can be administered with the tool?

• You should keep your existing permissions, at least as long as you have already modified them. Only difference between the old and the new permissions is full access to blueprints for the admin group.
    The next serverupdates will rename the "permissions" folder to something like "example.permissions", to avoid that existing permissions will be replaced accidentally ^^

About the rcon tool: That's our intention, but unfortunately there won't be a new version this year

• No hurry. Just somthing more to look forward to. I recently created a server for another player and they use the rcon tool to handle some functions of the server. I use restart on crash to make sure the server stays running for them. They can issue the shutdown command and restart on crash will restart for them if needed. I am also using a file sync program for updates . I have a folder that I dump the up dated server files into and it does a remove and replace for the predefined files and folders so it updates all 4 of the servers in 1 click. It's worked like a charm for about a year now. I think I may create a ftp to that folder so any admin can dump the files then the sync program will then update the predefined files. It's not to complex but took some figuring and coordinating with task scheduler.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!