Invalid Graphics card

• Hmm that's spooky, I'm wondering what's causing this issue. The game requests the Nvidia GPU on start, but even if this does not work for some reason, assigning the graphics card manually to the game (as well as the java.exe in the game subfolder) should at least do the trick (but this is completely handled by the driver). Only a driver issue would still force the Intel GPU to be used, but if it's working fine with other games, it might be related to the OpenGL part of the driver (probably the other games are using DirectX).

Did the game work previously? Does it start in fullscreen mode, or in windowed mode?

You could try this: Go to the Rising World folder, open the "config.properties" file in the game directory with a texteditor, and set "game_bypass_graphicsdetection" to true. Now save the changes, and start the game again. If you're able to get into main menu at least, please open console (key ` or ~) and type "report" (without quot. marks). Now a "report" file should appear in your game directory, please paste the content of the file here.
    If it crashes before you was able to get into main menu, go to the Rising World folder again, there should be a file called "errorlog" (followed by a number) now (or at least hs_err_pid), please open it with a texteditor, copy the content and paste it here.

Btw. about Java: The Steam version of the game is delivered with an own JVM, so it does not matter whether it's installed on your system or what version you use ^^

Did the game work previously? Does it start in fullscreen mode, or in windowed mode?

It didn't work yet, and it starts in windowed mode.

this time I managed to get in the game, made an account and set up a world. Then when loading the world I got the following error:

• In my post before this one i gave you the error the game gave me, here is the error file found in the Rising world folder.

• Thanks for the errorlogs! This brings us a little bit closer to the source of the problem: The driver for your Nvidia card is from 2011, I guess the OpenGL driver may be either missing or broken. Regular Windows drivers - for example - don't have OpenGL at all (since Microsoft wants to push his own DirectX), in your case it looks like the default Medion driver is installed (they still only offer the outdated driver from 2011, laptop manufacturers don't always keep their own drivers up-to-date, that's a common problem with many laptop manufacturers). In some cases you can't even install the genuine Nvidia drivers on notebook, but have to use the custom drivers.
    What happened when you downloaded an installed the Nvidia driver from the Nvidia homepage? When the driver is not compatible, setup should close with an error message. Otherwise please do a clean driver install, i.e. uninstall the current Nvidia driver, then install the Nvidia driver from the Nvidia homepage: http://www.nvidia.de/download/driverResults.aspx/97826/en

• It's finally working!

It seems the Nvidia needs good Intel drivers before working correctly itself. when getting Nvidia drivers from their website they get you the best drivers possible for your pc.
    So if the Intel hasn't the latest drivers, Nvidia doesn't get the latest either.

I completely deleted both drivers and first got the latest intel drivers, and then the latest Nvidia drivers.

I really want to thank you for your help!! :thumbsup: you're doing a great job here!!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!