Problems with Blueprints on Server

• Hi
    This posting is addressed to red51.
    I have joined a server and built up my dedicated and protected assigned area. All was going well until we had some unknown player use Blueprints to hang buildings in the sky. Naturally, the
    Admins turned off the use of Blueprints on the server and we were informed that the developers were notified of this intrusion and were looking for a fix. I am having a difficult time getting
    information on the progress of this fix and I'm asking if you are aware of this problem and if there is a fix in the making or if the only choice is to turn the usage of blueprints off for the entire server.
    Thanks for your time
    Akeel

• Hmm... usually the blueprint permissions should work as intended (I just tested it and it seemed to work fine oO). By default, blueprints are not allowed on a server, only if you set the "use" flag to true (either in the default.permissions or the particular group permissions) a player is able to place a blueprint in the world.
    You can always find out if a particular permission is set correctly by pressing ESC -> Permissions (assuming you're a member of the particular group, or none group [use cmd 'setplayergroup playername null' to kick a player from a group] if you want to check the default.permissions) ;)

• As always, thanks for your quick reply, I don't think I was clear enough in my post. From what I understand, another player on the server is doing this to
    mess up the server and other players by randomly putting blueprint objects in the sky above assigned properties. This causes a mass clean up by the Admins.
    I assume that somewhere above the property at a certain height, the space is not under anyone's ownership and blueprint objects can be placed there. The functionality
    of the blueprints works fine. Flying is not allowed on the server so perhaps the instigator is using ladders to reach that certain height.
    Hope this is a bit clearer
    Akeel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!