Foliage, curbs

• Hi, I would love to be able to put trees, bushes, grass and other types of foliage on the building blocks. Right now it seem to be linked to the main plain of the ground mesh.

Is this something you plan on doing in the future?

And i would love to have curbs to elevate a main road and sidewalks.
    Maybe a block that you choose 2 types of materials for a stair. so the lower square is one material and the top part another.

And the small slabs you can create. i would love to be able to also rotate them. not just elevate them into 3 hights.
    That way you can make an interior and exterior building without having to make 2 block thick walls.
    Maybe to take the idea from the curbs to make 2 different materials in one block.

I bet theese suggestions have been mentioned before.

Have a nice day Forum Users and Devs :D
    Sorry for my lack in english gramar.

• each block is roughly .5m ^3 which i think is a great size as is with everything at its current scale. it would be nice, however, if the grid was made smaller so we can make smaller blocks and add in some extra block shapes and variations so we can build some really detailed structures. So instead of making a stair block, you can make individual stone steps and make each a different pattern. Some extra block shapes would be nice. For example, i'd like to have a 1/4 cylinder shape. something like that might make a nice curb.

Regarding the slabs, the slap block is a block so cannot be freely rotated. i made a suggestion last month about rotating blocks and essentially spawning a custom grid so that you could, for example, build buildings at different angles. It would be complex to code but certainly a nice feature but there are other higher priorities in the game right now. In an older version of the game, there was a slanted block which was essentially a slab type block but at a 45 degree angle. It's not craftable anymore but I'd like to see that block type be re-introduced. i wonder why it was taken out in the first place.

Of course, you could just not go the block route and do custom building with wood beams and planks. You can make those any size you want, probably make them as small as a tiny block and those do rotate freely. I haven't messed with that system too much but essentially build a saw bench and craft wood beams and wood planks. Its harder than the block system but is very flexible. I think you're limited to the types of materials you can use however. It would be nice to get all the materials ported over to the beam/plank system so you can create, for example, long marble slabs for window sills and such. :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!