Mine carts, elevators, powered rail boosters

• I had been deep deep underground and once i saw red stone below, i took a peek below. Oh what evil creatures could have spawned in the deep caves. It took me along time to get out up to the surface as if physics were added to the game for the mine carts, powered rail boosters would be useful to get me to the top just quick enough. I could not even find enough of anything so i thought it was best if there was more iron & coal and abundant of other things.

How will the elevators work for us? could it be with a rope pulley? old style elevator to support a mine cart? They could come in different sizes and i have no clue on the limit they could reach to the depths. I always thought if there was cave goblins and some may be blind and hunt by sound if you move.

• With the way we'll end up digging in the future I'm expecting railway/minecarts to be added within 2016. Red51 said it's of higher priority so we'll see something to do with railway possibly late 2016 at this rate. Making me curious if mine-related, or if it'll be topside, or both.

As for the minecart mining side of things I would expect both 1) A pully system - 2) motorized engine making use of coal, steam, & eventually fuel.

Not sure how Red51 wants to work the wired minecarts, yet could expect something along the lines of turning wheels + wires going from it, attached to tracks themselves, heading down & then looping back up (if you have another pully wheel below). I doubt we'd have powered rail boosters because this isn't Minecraft, yet we could instead have 'highspeed rails' that could work similar. Something meant for higher grade speeds that once you tech-up to a higher tier train type you would be able to go quicker.

Also stumbled across an image that if we're allowed to have 'bulky' mining cars that we should have these that behave like land-rail barges - https://commons.wikimedia.org/…st..._-_NARA_-_540955.jpg . Imagine how much stone, ores, & crap we could haul with this from below to top side, and from one settlement to the next. Nearby, of course.

As for elevators, I'd expect them to work as you would expect them to by gradually lowering & raising you and contents on it. I even love the mention of elevators aimed directly at minecarts so you can lower & raise them in both an empty & full state. Would make for interesting mining operations.

[I can't search for 'Minecart pulley' because Minecraft ruined the search results. Can't seek out what I once saw earlier.]

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!