Difficulty Placing Blueprints

• I am sure it is something that *I* am doing incorrectly but I have tried several different ways to fix the issue without finding any real solution.

SOMETIMES... (and honestly that is the most annoying part, it's not all of the time)... when I attempt to place a blueprint the object hovers above the area that I wish to place it on. I can move the object up, turn it, etc etc... but for some reason it feels that the "floor" is about a block higher than it actually is. The only way that I have found that I can attempt to fix this is to break the blocks under where I wish to place the blueprints and then rebuilding the blocks under it once the object has been placed.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance! :)

- Rux

• I usually build all my buildings higher just incase terrain is uneven. I guess another way is to push terrain down first using editor then choose an extra brick on corner point something nothing to do with anything so you can grab it easily and select it if your having trouble figuring out where to start I usually choose lowest point first since it's easy to go up. I grab lowest point then run to adjacent corner next then use <arrow keys> from there. That's it. I also build a foundation of of extra set of blocks too. Most land will be uneven so I build in flat land make a blueprint then go into rendered world.

That's my free advice you get what you pay for lol....

The key is to get lowest point on the corner hit start point (right or left) then go to other lowest point adjacent hit end point. Now adjust using <arrow keys>

I will paste a simple paint graphic to show you. Tell me if that helps if not others may give better instructions.

Once you have a good blue print you can place it on any flat land you may have to use tools to flatten it or editor. Get rid of grass extra must be perfectly flat or you have dirt inside if your trying to do a direct placement on grass. But your Blueprint has to be captured correctly before you can hope to place it. I often build buildings with foundations allowing a few bricks higher just like real houses usually don't land directly on the surface they need foundations stairs extra to get off the ground which allows me to not worry so much about it being flat. Using concrete or stone under it to keep the buildings floor from getting moist, buckling, cracking or insects penetrating is also the way buildings are built anyways. Unless your building a hill billy shack or third world house you should consider doing that.

If your not working with a building it can be more difficult.

You can use my blue prints to practice with. One blueprint has a super high foundation the watermill the other the church is just two brick layer foundation.
    You can download copy to your steam folder. Or use other blueprints to practice
    Water Mill - Wassermühle - RedTon various structures

• SOMETIMES... (and honestly that is the most annoying part, it's not all of the time)... when I attempt to place a blueprint the object hovers above the area that I wish to place it on. I can move the object up, turn it, etc etc... but for some reason it feels that the "floor" is about a block higher than it actually is. The only way that I have found that I can attempt to fix this is to break the blocks under where I wish to place the blueprints and then rebuilding the blocks under it once the object has been placed.

By pressing + and - you should be able to change the vertical position of your blueprint (it's necessary to "freeze" the blueprint first by pressing the left mouse button) ;) Or do you mean something else?

• By pressing + and - you should be able to change the vertical position of your blueprint (it's necessary to "freeze" the blueprint first by pressing the left mouse button) ;) Or do you mean something else?

Oooooo I have to try this. Thank you!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!