Thanks for all those options. I look forward to steam peer to peer networking.
What do you mean by forward ports ? Are you saying just allow open ports on firewall? I think I already have those ports open in that range. If meant by that something else I guess I don't know.
No Rent of a game server,
I seen Hamachi and I thought about VPN
I don't know how much third party software I want to stack on my PC it's already running so much each one causing a person to be exploited either by such third party or hackers. Also my dad would get frustrated
if he has to create a new login + go to Hamachi + download app + remember all the logins + save all login info, that just to play a game.
Hmmm. This ipv6 sounded like easiest for both us, I didn't know +ipv6 was an option. We both using IP4 but also broadcast Ip6 at same time.
I guessing based on what you mentioned would this be how I would do this?
1. adjust the start parameters of my game to +ipv6 (screenshot 1)
2. go to http://whatip.me/ then copy / paste my IPv6 address in - Steam send Player 2 a chat message of IPv6
3. go to single player even if multiplayer hit LAN (screenshot 2)
1. does he also have to adjust parameters? (screenshot 1)
2. go to multiplayer then hit connect to ip (screenshot 3) paste in Player 1 IP6 sent him via Steam chat
Is there a password something like that somewhere for login as an option?