Posts by YakMe

Thanks RED for all your efforts.

Spiral Staircase: with railing a little wider than our avatars would be nice to have so I don't get hung up or fall as I climb them of course that's in future.
    cylinder: There is no way to make large circles or cylinders for blocks perhaps that's in the works even if they snap to grid would be a very good feature.
    Steam: The steam suggestion currently is a little confusing without reading forums how to do to start your own multiplayer game with friends.Launching Single game than "OPEN LAN" in my mind that would only mean a Local Area Network. "Allow Connections" perhaps instead seems more clear. Also when a Steam user has hive=true perhaps the server on far end could do a Request.ServerVariables("REMOTE_ADDR"); His IP would show up so he could tell his friend his IP.

Roofing Material: I don't see any shingles for roofs, clay tiles, or asphalt shingles as blocks.
    (* Some individuals are doing this partly through manipulation of textures and planks, saving plans however be nice to have built in)

Pitch Roofs: I don't see any double blocks like a lower slope roof
    Revised: I added this to my brick proposal 6:12 preferred to keep it simple for Red51.

Molding: When you guys have time can you put a few crown molding block shapes into the game. Oriental roofs and Cone roofs are difficult as well as Roman trims.

Doors:
    Re-sizing doors: I thought re-sizing doors was an option before to make doors bigger but seems fixed door size now. if so can you snap to grid instead of fix sized doors.
    Half Doors: Half Height Gates, or Half width / height doors for cupboards, Shutters
    Vertical door: portcullis, Garage Door
    Swinging Doors: swing down or up like garage door, gate or draw bridge. (YES! THIS DRAWBRIDGE WAS DONE in a patch in 2016)

Blue Prints: Are a great innovation and feature of any building game.
    Able to Rotate & Mirror blue prints would be nice.
    In fact it's one of my biggest wants as far as building is concerned.
    I don't know how many times I have to build many structures more than twice because no rotation.
    Blue Prints aren't allowed on servers mainly because blueprints currently ignores player's protection for capturing structures and posting on top of others.
    Blue Prints can not be undone & terrain is not removed upon posting and terrain can not be saved in blueprint

Custom 3D
    This will be nice to upload those 3D objects with Textures to servers like images. *(NEW) Looks like maybe variation of Dungeon Release 2016
    So for example: I want to replace the current 3d barrel with a 3d Oil Drum I could just find the 3d Oil Drum in my drive, then on your game have a drop down for item type, I choose [Storage], [barrel]. it goes onto the server acting exactly like storage barrel currently does but with the 3D Oil Drum object.
    Red confirmed
    Mar 12, 2019 : update 0.9.5 "There is also another important feature in this update: it's now possible to load custom items (e.g. tools or weapons) through the plugin API. This makes modding a lot easier. We will update the plugin API and also release a few example plugins in the next few days.

Creative mode Erase Tools / Undo for Blueprints: I want to take large portions out by highlighting and delete for example I want to remove 40 x 40 area I can't do that without hitting each block.
    Unless there are command line methods maybe someone can tell me. Really hard with current pick to erase a floor even in creative mode it takes 1-2 seconds to break a block if you have an area that's 40x40 that a min of 1600 seconds (26 minutes) to clear out relatively small area. Believe me I did that a few times.

Copy: I think if you have your cross-hairs on a beam, poster or block you should be able to hit a key on keyboard to copy the current rotation/size of that such as the use button.

Create mode: IMO Blocks should be infinite without spawning new blocks, I should be able to keep placing same block without subtracting from inventory.
    Non-Creative mode: IMO Blocks with same ID should replace the current slot that I am using if i run out of blocks, explanation: so if I am using slot (4) use all ID:23 (rotated twice) it should look in my inventory replace if exists slot (4) with ID:23 (rotated twice) But instead I have to look in my inventory find the correct block type then rotate it twice again.

*(completed) Better Animal AI: I wouldn't mind having a bears or tigers hitting on my doors or away attack some herbivores sometimes. * Assume will happen with monsters AI.
    Or have some random herbivores animals trying to eating my garden also if I attack one animal all the animals of that type should run.
    update 0.9.5 "NPC behavior as well as adding new hostile NPCs."
    *(completed) Range Weapons: Crossbows, Bows, Guns *Hinted at range weapons 2016 (First look at Bow/Guns) 6/27/2017 (*3/22/18 added bow/guns/chainsaw)

Update 0.9.2.5: Bows, armors, chainsaw

Traps for Animals: Cages, Nets, Fences or slings.

Love it as a Building game can't wait until it's a lot more!
    I do love how the blocks count as I as I stretch before placing them that was a super good for laying out designs it counts.
    I also like all the building items you included that can be re-sizable makes it nice for making doors, windows that fit.

Maps:
    It be nice to have a larger simple map overview from birds eye that generates at same time of seed, then later if the player activates gps it updates the map for everyone.

On Servers:
    Protection Settings: Perhaps could be a native or configuration feature when launched as server to have protected areas built into game by default, if that can improve stability or features of protected areas.For example: [preset sized plots according to rank, auto removal of banned player's plots, saving plots from server similar to blueprint + terrain, teleporting to plots via /home plotname or /home, allowing full blown editing only on your plot, allow blueprints on only your plot, interface to see permissions such as who can (modify, move through, teleport) ]
    Bug: Memory Leak after certain point slows down your character until you reload.

API: will benefit everyone allowing the community to create things independently. Especially allowing creative people to accelerate the creation process.
    Especially the more features it has such as
    * = Considered Completed
    * 0. API for avatar (interactions / skins / location indicator / relative position / inventory / facing) *assume will be in game *avatar looks scheduled 2016
    * 1. API for loading in models any open source OBJ, XML, DXF, DWF or whatever is popular. *(NEW) Looks like maybe part of Dungeon Release 2016 (latest update MAR/2019 0.9.5 may have this)
    2. API for adding in foods we have a lot of foods added.
    3. API for interacting with (machines, cooking, avatar)
    4. API for adding in crafting recipes (requirements) *Looks like scheduled for End of 2016
    5. API for replacing Textures easily
    * 6. API for moving (avatars/objects/chests) transportation is done we will have a group using the model API on top of existing models like replacing trains with cars / ships /airplanes / or boats. It be nice to do something like saving blueprints just like we do for houses but for sail boats, trains, bus, ships, cars, tank or planes adding in a special driving chair in that blueprint that controls the transportation. So once you highlight it all of your creation you classify it as category of transportation, it creates a separate blueprint model for transportation you can now drive / float or fly. That would be so cool. I could make any ship/car/train within the limit of the server. Like Archimedes mod but actually work. Looks like mounts, boats done in general working, yet not in api maybe update 0.9.5 mentioned something about loading in models.

I posted later the automation suggestions.

Please excuse these attachments I did quickly in paint.

New Bricks:
    I think a little more brick shapes would help a lot in building especially on servers where most don't allow editing tools or the super nice blueprint feature.
    First these are all one block entities
    A. Since we don't have an edit for columns having a inverse of the curve would be nice for many things. (columns that be twice size of existing 2x2 or even parts) Allowing large columns similar to Roman or Egypt
    B. Ramps / Inclines having a square profile on top but side profile of two brick types that will allow inclines of 1/2 pitch roofs / ramps / peeks / spikes

I love all your guys request would you agree with me? If they got good core systems into the game first then added a mod ability for you guys to import would solve a lot of requests for textures / monsters / story / buildings / bio-domes? Or do you think it will be like minecraft were everyone has to write code around these developers because they didn't have a simple drop in folder system. IMO the mods made minecraft billions by allowing modification into their vanilla system. Even now I wouldn't ever replay minecraft without MODs.

<X My current grips of the game <X
    -------------------------
    1. It maybe realistic but I hate that the stump takes just as long to cut down the tree.
    2. To be able to turn on/off a (F3) HUD should show me material by name on my cursor.
    3.When the material is gone from my hot bar the game should grab that same material type from my inventory put it into my hot bar.
    4. There should be a "MAX button" next to + it just goes to highest amount it can make such as (64)

?( + Might have thought about ?(
    + Automation (vertical gates / draw bridges / garage like doors) - parts that move or swing maybe some bigger or stretchable doors or gates.
    + Automation (carts) - horse drawn or train cars -- I love to see a stage coach.
    + Automation (NPCs) followers that can do some work automatically AI or by player control request - farm / routing / mining
    + Power systems (water wheels / wind mills) machines or gears in general
    + Elevators (Hand pulled or Power driven)
    + Basic Shape Templates (Ability to template a large circle / square - ghost blocks or draft lines)
    + Higher Tiers ( axes/ Mining equipment)

<3 Wish List <3 * Assumes they are already doing
    --------------------------------------
    * Farming Crops / Animals (herding)
    * Water
    * More Stuff (furniture / animals)
    * Monsters (combat) - Animals on surface (Wolves, diseased animals)
    * Bios (lots of different looks)
    * Man made or unique structures that are found - ancient sites / monuments / treasures
    * Player Templates of structures

Modifications
    ===========
    This is obviously this could be more difficult depending on the coding and perhaps will be a side project but I suggest giving community modular tools. This would free up the developers time for other things. Of course the game needs to have a good foundation of many systems in place first. The game needs to stand on it's own in order to draw in a larger community of players. Allowing * easy player made content such as dumping in sub folders skins textures animal / monsters / friendly AI scripts /dropping player made world structures being able to spawn in world. Once developers make a fully modifiable game and giving easy option for uploading/downloading these mods everyone would see a huge increase in free labor and player content. Something Minecraft originally lacked at launch something I think they regretted putting an API or Forge for community. It would also allow those people so fanatical or determined to create a set of their personal textures / scripts / structures easily to drag drop in folders. Such as if someone was mad that mermaids is not a monster underwater because only 2% wanted it, that 2% could do it on their own sea creature mod. Adding islands or underwater castle spawns. This would calm the minority which in a short time later could end up being a majority when everyone mods. The way minecraft is I think fans end up playing mods in Minecraft giving more replay-ability.

Thanks for all the hard work and beauty already in the game. :saint:
    I appreciate the game and all the other people's comments be free to add your best wishes.