Posts by YakMe

Red is aware of the issue where you can't place two ramp blocks next to each other nor stack up half-blocks because they are still blocks and therefor cannot occupy the same block space. He's working on correcting this and also introducing scale-able blocks. I'm presuming this will all come out with the advanced crafting update and will likely involve converting blocks to scale-able and freely rotatable objects which will be free from the block grid limitations.

If that is the case perhaps some of this conversation is not relevant if stone blocks end up like beams / planks.
    I dislike you can't view planks / beams fully as you place them, and the fact they go through solid walls and flicker.

Yeah images are not a truly not transportable like an object would be. But a lot of things aren't land manipulation extra is not either. I don't know the status of that never had any reason for world transfer, I consider it alpha it's all just sand in the wind. By time it's released there be so many more bricks conversions and rewrites I don't expect any of my worlds to last from Jan 2015 up to release date just end up trashed or broken. I got very old worlds now having gaps in it I don't expect to get those back. As far as stepping stones it wouldn't be any more complicated than any other 3d Object, I expect if Red has an import similar to image imports you could load 3d objects but since your worried about PNG not being saved perhaps your also worried about that. I think if blue prints saved images inside them via attachment encoded, it fix your issue too. If you want that you could hand create it in 3d format the game is using submit it in forum maybe red would load it as an object if you truly made it from scratch in 3d. If we had broken stones or semi stones as a brick type would also do what you want. So for example a partial broken on edges brick with any normal stone textures for other bricks.

The game currently can't do custom 3d objects but anything 2D is easily customized. And when the 3d object in real life would be virtually flat like a RUG. POSTER is very useful. Sometimes I need it to stretch bigger so has limits. Also it's hard to keep aspect ration reset if you mess it up by stretching it. I once wanted my whole ceiling of the sixteen chapel but wouldn't stretch as big as my ceiling. There was a work around of cutting images outside of game / pasting multiple posters but not worth the effort if end result doesn't look good.

What have you tried sometimes turning down graphical settings fixes issues until a new driver is released, if it is graphical related. I had that problem when I max settings in Laura Craft in 3d Mode I get glitch like a polygon didn't clear and cause my screen image to go haywire. I turn down settings it worked fine, later they released new graphical drivers for my video card fixed the issue.

Transparency works on posters? That's good to know. I'll have to mess with those some more.

Yeah, I thought you were on Freaks UR Us server zfoxfire? If you logged on you should of noticed PNG all over the place with transparent backgrounds.
    The only problem with posters is some if high def or over lap other textures flicker on screen. I try to put boards or glass down then lay image on board then break the board to avoid that flicker. Also I think might have something to do with file size of image. Anyways you can do transparent backgrounds with PNG.

You don't have to make complicated things.
    You can do that with a PNG with transparent background. Just Upload image.
    That's one of the great things about this game blueprints and custom images. You also can stretch it or resize it.
    Or simply lay stone / ore in the grass
    Examples you can download/import into your game:
    http://www.ced.ltd.uk/img/Silv…ey_Granite_Cobble_Dry.png

Code
    http://www.imarvintpa.com/Mapping/Terrain/Stones/Moria Stone-d.png

http://www.fabistone.com/en/wp…2013/06/passo_japones.png

What OS are you using foxfire? I can play on single player pretty much all day no issue but on Freaks UR us server after about 3-4 hours I get lagged have to close the client and restart client too. But seems everyone slows down over time. I was just assuming a memory leak in game. I never experienced anything like black artifacts. If it's happening rather quickly perhaps others know. I just see everyone restarting every so often to clear out the problem. Also are you on single player or multiplayer?

Ahh, I see now. Thankyou for clarifying. I am totally onboard with this. I like the idea of having blocks with different pitch options but my only concern is that now we have to add more inner and outer ramp corners. I'd like to see Red ad some grouping to the blocks and in addition to the rotating preview, set a background image in that area showing the top and side views of the block. Another idea is to combine the individual ramp blocks that you described into a single rectangular block object (two blocks combined) unless there are other uses in construction for the individual blocks.

Just curious, so is 1/3rd pitch (30 degrees) uncommon compared to 1/4 pitch (22.5 degrees)? Why not have options for both?

The reason I said 2 blocks and had them as individual blocks not as a group blocks is because of programming. Red51 could easily add in two blocks like I proposed but if he groups them as two blocks then he has all sorts of programming issues. Such as placing blocks in two locations, rotating, breaking blocks in two locations. Having combined bricks would make his job much more difficult to group blocks. I want it to be simple for programming that's why I am saying two bricks so it's not complicating his job. Right now my proposal isn't much work yet benefits builders. However if we did as you hinted at to combine two blocks grouped together would causes a rewrite of the current block placement system.

Why I choose only that pitch. First by having the block exactly in 1/2 the height of next block (correction noted (26.5)) which 1/2 of (45) allows only two blocks needed but gives a high benefit. Also it works perfectly fine with current block placement system. As you can see in my examples using the two new bricks allows correction noted (26.5) incline bricks allowing for various other builds since it's exactly 1/2 way up the height of next brick. So the following brick could even be a slab which is 1/2 height brick and be exactly even so that's why I proposed (26.5) degree that over any other angles.

Lastly if the people want a joining block like the 45 degree one has 2, that requires 4 more blocks to join to angles of two intersections of (26.5) but I don't think that is necessary I prefer the block even without the less used joiner blocks. But if you added the Joiner block I basically could make full blown high peeks on towers and redo my tower.

Longer explanation:
    1/3 pitch is common in building because of inches, I even had this in my suggestions an image of pitch roofs (see signature link below) 4/12" 8/12" 12/12" which I wasn't considering that bricks were fixed on grids. So it wouldn't clearly land on another block that's why I said (26.5) degree pitch so it end up exactly two blocks if you do 1/3 as well, you have to end up making it dividable by blocks below itself. So In order to line up you have to have your angle divided by the bricks below it. IMO 30 degrees wasn't enough difference from 45. I also don't know how you do that without confusion you end up make 3 bricks if you want to keep single brick unit type. If not you run into the problem I mentioned above like two three brick positions. I just don't know if it be worth confusing everyone with many different pitches at least 3 new blocks for 33.33 and 2 new for my (26.5). I had this in my own suggestions a year ago but at the time I didn't realize how he was using units of single blocks for everything such as blueprints, rotation and orientations. I think planks/boards are big reason we don't have rotating blue prints the angles of the beams and planks would have to be recalculated to new angles but a brick unit wouldn't just rotated, so that's why I was only suggesting bricks. If you draw out 1/3 pitch then try to get that to line up to next brick you probably needing I imagine at least three new bricks confusing people with more bricks of what to place in what order also vary little would be different in size between a 30 degree pitch brick and 22.5 as a single unit. Also (26.5) degrees allows the inverse that to make it steeper where as 1/3 pitch is not in-between the 45 degrees we have now. If your convinced 1/3 would be easier in the one brick unit type that Red51 is using draw it out on graph paper mark off when it hits ratio divisible unit. (26.5) ends up hitting it in just two bricks. You can make a picture show how yours would work.

Example here of type of problems I have ... First: I am talking bricks not beams or planks

1. The best anyone can do on server with bricks trying to make a cylindrical tower is an octagon. ...
    2. Making a Barn like roof I only have 45 degrees no arch
    3. Making arches other then two wide ... imagine it's arching
    4. Making a cone any cone the only thing I can imagine is a pyramid shape that is not circular but ends up in four 45 degree squares going to top.

Here's what my two bricks proving evidence overlaying few real life examples:

zfoxfire, I wasn't saying 45 deg I was saying 22.5 to get half blocks and lower pitch roofs instead of 1/2 pitch (45) as it is now, Here is a better illustration if you didn't understand it's 1/4 pitch I left outline of original side angle. I have several problems with only 1/2 angels I am running into walls I can't slowly turn such as a long castle wall, or ancient building roofs, ramps / inclines for bridges, oriental structures.

I had this in my past suggestions but perhaps it was misunderstood or ignored because I wasn't clear I tried to diagram more clearly my proposal and reason for it I show examples for the doubters of how much two bricks added could improve the choices of builders. I want TWO bricks that are separate not combined but you can put side by side to get the results shown below.

I will show a structure examples as well my choices in a castle building would change a lot if I would go from max curve of an octagon all the way up to 16 sided structures almost circular. Provided that the two 22.5 degree blocks would rotate exactly like the current 45 degree one rotates. You could build boats, barns, roofs, and various other things out of wood/stone blocks rather than entire server almost is exclusively using wood planks now. But just by adding in two new blocks you got another option you normally don't have.

I have medieval project I am working on Freaks UR us Server same server I think you are also using zfoxfire, I am having hard time on getting semi circle towers and angled roofs as well as long arches these two blocks would help a lot in those buildings as well as help low pitch roofs which even simple builders would help in designs.

Every-time I place a block currently I have only really two blocks to work with be nice to have few more choices.

Also a request was made recently and Red agreed to adding either a half sphere or a quarter cylinder block. Personally I think both would look nice.

Yeah I made this request almost a year ago in a picture basically like this in Past Suggestions. One of my suggestions 1 of 4 new blocks, I recolored it red just now for clarity. Other quick 2 examples I also inserted would help for servers. The half spherical I never thought about. But adding bigger cylinders in game using the 1/4 block would double size of cylinders right now, we kind of lack of dynamic cylinders in the game. At least with creative mode you can
    make spherical shapes but of course on most servers not allowed. I don't know any easy way right now to make big spheres using bricks and certainly not cylinders larger than one block wide. Of course we got some people hacking plank textures to make look like stones or blocks but I don't consider that part of the game. Nice to have cones too but the pyramid can mimic that close enough.

Images

• brickRequest4.png
    • brickrequest3.jpg
    • brickrequest2.png

I made up a solution or proposition to solve this technically aka programmatically and any other custom buildings. I never considered a progression in buildings as some are suggesting that's a different scheme needed like a crafting progression simply like buying blueprints rather than world generation. In my "Past Suggestions" of my signature below I had a response to this in April look for "Suggestion for rendering Developer API for rendering custom world Templates"

I was thinking you had crystal cave in snow biome but you never indicated that. So no wolves or Canadian geese lol in there.

What was the next project besides bug fixing today's stuff. Do we get any quick updates to make the game more appealing? Like reevaluating blueprints (area protection, rotation)? Animal Breeding?