Client fails to connect to dedicated server 100% of the time now.

• Nice, got an update.

Saw more servers, quite a few wrong versions for my client.

Was able to connect to hurtless again, appears it reset me back to spawn (assume due to update).

Do not see Absalom's server(s) in list.

• Thanks, I should have been more clear I was showing Absalom I couldn't see his server....which i can now.

update: was able to connect, hung up on "forming valleys"..for almost 20 seconds.....enabling monsters for almost another 20 ...when i did connect I was stuck in a limbo land. Not able to chat, large sections of terraforma missing and no-one (including myself) on the connection list.

• @Absalom Able to connect to deadlands, but I am it is like I am not really connected. Saw oohshiny connect but could not see them or me in the `tab list of players and still can not see myself connected. Everything loaded but still not really in.....will leave connected for a bit to see if it is a lag issue.

Am stuck in fly mode, if I turn it off unable to move at all. Will reconnected in a bit,.....my guts tell me a restart is needed,

• I was able to connect and the game is running smooth. Woooot! Of course, there is no one on my server, so I will need to test again when more people are on.

• i've been on 3-4 diff times within the last 2 hrs.runs good but after 15-20 mins. the connection error shows up.

Quit Rising World, then go to: steam/steamapps/commons/risingworld

Open the config.properties file in a text editor, preferably Notepad++, then change game_debug_console to 'true', open up Rising World now.

A new window will also appear which outputs the server log.

Once you see the error, close Rising World and a log file will be created inside the Rising World folder under Logs, open up that file, paste it into PasteBin, then give the link to it here so I can check.

• Still getting some connection issues. I noticed that once I had been on around 20 minutes, the terrain and blocks started slowly disappearing. The first to go was the underground terrain rendering. I did have screenshots but even though steam says they were taken, I can't find them. They didn't get recorded.

Files

• info.txt

(50.51 kB, downloaded 200 times, last: )
    • log.txt

(104.82 kB, downloaded 204 times, last: )
  • On that screen where my house wall is missing, I got stuck when I touched where the wall used to be. There was collision, but wouldn't let me go.

• Nothing suspicious in the logs, with the exception that something seems to be wrong with animal spawning.

@Absalom: Are you running a Linux or Windows server?

About the missing chunks: Does it occur sometimes or are they gone forever?

Btw., the connection error is not necessarily related to the server. It can also indicate that something went wrong clientside. In this case, it is alway important to know if any errorlogs or hs_err_pid files are in the game directory.

Wow. I think your house was nuked! We have nukes in the game now?! :D

Who knows? :D

• I would have to log back in to see if the chunks are still gone, but while in game, they are gone forever. My server is running on windows 2008 r2 server with other games. Rising World never takes more than about 500 MB of RAM (usually hovers around 350) with 6 or 7 people on. I have allocated a max of 2048 for the heap. No lag in other games running on the same server, and there doesn't seem to be a shortage of resources. The server is running a quad core xeon 3 GHz processor.

I will look for those other files on my client.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!