Error at launch since update...

• So, i cant even get to try out the game, it shows this error:
    https://snag.gy/GqwPYh.jpg

System same as before:
    Inspiron 15R SE 7520 laptop
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz (cores: 4)
    RAM: 8068 MB
    GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 (2085 MB)
    GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7730M 2Gb

Apparently AMD drivers have updated yesterday and something else is messed up on my pc, it keeps showing another error not connected to launching the game.
    Am trying to get and install an older version of the crimson driver ><

• Yeah, but something is wrong with the video drivers as well. I cannot access AMD settings or anything anymore, it says i have no driver, and i haven't changed anything, not sure it has to do with games update, seems the drivers updated and something got messed up, and now i am messed up because i don't understand this driver stuff ><

• OK, so i have re downloaded the AMD graphics drivers and got it to work. Now i can confirm that my drivers are up to date and everything was working fine with the version i have now until the update. I keep getting the previously mentioned error and the game wont launch.

• The main purpose of using intel graphics at all, is to save battery life. If that is not a high priority for you, then sometimes you can switch off the intel graphics in the BIOS setup by switching off "dynamic" graphics. I'll look at Dell site to see if they have anything on that. Usually you get a special custom driver (from Dell, for instance) to handle their setup, but your Inspiron 15R SE 7520 is several years old now and the newest driver that Dell puts out is probably 4-5 years old, which is probably why you've gone direct to AMD for drivers in recent years. Or maybe you updated the operating system from Win7 to Win10, so Dell doesn't have the correct drivers for you.

http://www.tomsguide.com/answe…-sleep-hibernate-fix.html
    I understand the Crimson drivers worked fine till now, I am not sure whether it is them no longer playing nice with older laptops (hence some needing to update BIOS) or some other issue. Updating your motherboard BIOS is something you want to be very careful doing, so proceed with some caution or find a very geeky friend to help. 90 percent of the time it goes easy but if there is a problem, it can ruin the laptop. If it is possible to switch off the intel graphics in BIOS setup, that is easiest solution but some laptops use intel as the main driver for screen display and won;t let you just use the Radeon for everything instead.

Usually the error "pixel format not accelerated" means it is using a Windows updated driver that lacks required OpenGL features (Microsoft only really supports DirectX and no much for OpenGL), but you have already tried going direct to AMD for the crimson drivers, so I suspect it is trying to run on the Intel graphics rather than the Radeon and that the older Intel chip does not support some of the OpenGL features.

• Ok, so i have tested a few things and this is what i have found out so far.

Installed the NEW crimson hotfix something.
    The game shows previous error, that no openGL card or drivers present.
    - i had a thought on this, since the switchable graphics tab disappears once i update the AMD drivers, i believe everything starts to use the intel card, since it is primary.

Uninstalled all AMD drivers and installed the ones from dell site, those are about 4 years old, but they got the panel for switchable graphics. Rand the game, it hang up on start. Changed the game to use the AMD card in settings ->
    - The game runs but only for about 10 minutes then crashes with a popup window that tells me the vid driver caused the crash.

Will now try to install the crimson hotfix and see if it remembers to use the AMD card... if this is the case i will need to do the routine with uninstalling drivers, installing old ones, changing graphics and then installing hotfix, for every other game that needs the AMD card... Raising world isn't the only game i play ... :|

One thing is clear, i will never ever in my life buy a pc or laptop that has 2 video cards <_< i didn't even know i had 2 until recently started having trouble with some games.

• Ok, so i tested the option to install original Dell drivers (that are outdated for openGL) switched the graphics to make it use the AMD card, installed the Crimson edition hotfix, (after update of drivers i loose the tab for switchable graphics, no idea where or how to acess it unless with old drivers, but it definitely saves my choice for which card to use after the update)
    Ran the game and now i do not get any warnings, also it seems to work fine.

This will be very painful but until i get a new computer, or figure out how to make games use AMD card without having to unistall drivers, install old ones, then upgrade to new ones for every single game... i've got no choice :(

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!