elevator

• As far as I know (which might be not very far!), there is no way to translate a world element (or a group of world elements) in order to simulate the raising/sinking elevator as a visible object.

If a gradual teleport (opposed to instantaneous teleports, currently implemented) raising/sinking the player from one floor to another in the void, I think it can be implemented, except for one detail: suppose to raise a player from ground to floor 1; while the teleport is running, it would sustain the player in the void, but as soon as it reaches the target floor and stops, how to avoid the player would fall back to ground level?

• Addendum:

if a setup like the following is enough for your goals, I think it can be implemented:

*) N floors with a solid platform on each (in a column if you want to simulate a real elevator, but it is not required)
    *) once the player is on a platform, a chat command like "/floor 1" teleport to the corresponding floor platform

Far from sure, but I suspect there might be ways to create spots you can interact with (with the [F] key) and acting like elevator buttons.

A similar request has been posted here in the same time frame.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!