Blueprint management

• Suggestions:

1) Rename: it seems impossible to change the name of a blueprint displayed in-game; renaming the file does not work, as the original name is still shown in-game. Useful to correct mistakes and to re-organise/re-classify blueprints as more of the same kind are added.

2) Alphabetical list: blueprints within a page and pages within the journal seem to be shown in an arbitrary order; having them in alphabetical order (whatever variant of it, as long as it is documented) would be more user friendly.

3) Category combo box: when creating a new blueprint, the name of the category has to be typed each time and a simple typo (who never makes typos?) is enough to create a new, separate category; a combo box listing existing categories to choose from while allowing to type a new category name would speed-up the process and reduce errors.

Questions:

1) Deleting? Is the "Delete" function in the journal the only supported way to delete a blueprint? Deleting the file is not enough, as the deleted file is restored sooner or later (when? is it cached by RW or Steam?)

2) Moving? Which is the supported way, if any, to move blueprints from one category to another? Moving the file is not enough, as the file is restored in the old category too (a variant of the above). The process I use is:
    *) Back-up the blueprints
    *) From within RW, delete the blueprint(s) one wants to move
    *) Shut RW down
    *) From the OS, restore the blueprint(s) from the back-up into the new category folder(s)
    *) Restart RW
    a bit clumsy, isn't it?

Thanks, M.

• To move blueprints from one folder to another is a bit annoying. Takes a lot of time.

I've made the suggestion in the German part of the forum to make a redo and undo function for blueorints. If a big blueprint is on the wrong position you need a long time to remove it or you need an admins help, no problem with an undo key. I often need same blueprint more than one time, so a redo function would be very helpful.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!