Texture Issue

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)
  • At the risk of exposing my own ignorance, I just stumbled upon a circumstance that makes me realize how little I know of textures.

I guess the quickest way to explain my predicament is with pictures. My intention is to dress up the underside of my sloped roof to present a nice vaulted ceiling. But when I add the ramp blocks, the textures don't line up from one level to the next.
    You can see from the pictures that it's not so noticeable on the exterior roof, although that particular texture is very forgiving in this respect. But the interior ceiling blocks are clearly out of alignment, thus ruining the effect.
    Although I can probably get around this by using planks instead of blocks, I just thought I'd check to see if there are any other suggestions from the *real* builders on the forum. ;)

• I have had many cases where the triangular blocks don't line up with themselves or cubic blocks, my suggestion just use planks and beams for triangular or sloped surfaces and blocks only for main walls etc.

• Thanks for the input, Monotorious.

I'm inclined (no pun intended) to agree with you. Much of my house uses blocks for the basic structure and wood paneling (stretched planks) to show a different texture on one side. If the texture is not too intricate then blocks are a quick and easy way to go. Blocks also guarantee nice square corners which make a good reference for the rest of the build.

I guess there's no substitute for doing things right. But I tried. :D

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!