falling rocks with collision

• There was a mod for Minecraft which made it so mining was a challenge because if you were not careful, you could have a cave-in and get killed by falling earth or rocks etc.. I would love something like this in RW.

Been thinking about it, and I think the easiest way would be to add boulders which are generated in the stone and dirt which have physics and collision. Once the surrounding dirt or stone is dug out enough they fall out of their hole with physics. This could also be used to make the surface more interesting with boulders sticking up out of the dirt. Maybe you find one in the middle of your build while raking and it needs to be removed somehow. Tie it to your tractor or whatever and pull it out of the way, once it's been dug out of it's hole enough of course, otherwise the rope just breaks.

People could collect these stones / boulders and use them in cool traps etc.. drop smaller stones down murder holes. Or cover them in tar, light them on fire and roll them down hills. As ammo for catapults! Lots of things to do with stones and boulders.

I could have added this to the other post I made about underground fluid pockets but thought it best to make a separate thread...

Haste is the enemy of knowledge.

• haha well that would be great! But I imagine a little too much to ask from the devs. So just stones and boulders embedded in the dirt and stone which will fall out once dug out enough. :D

Haste is the enemy of knowledge.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!