I have a lot of suggestions to make, and instead of spamming for each suggestion, I think this is better to put them all in this thread.
If some suggestions were already made, sorry for repeating them!
Sorry in advance if there are some english mistakes, my native langage is french.
I will separate the suggestions in categories so it could be better to read, here there are:
- Food is too easy to find, you just need to find a lot of apples and watermelons and you're good to survive for one week in-game! The hunger bar should decrease faster, food harder to find and/or food give less hunger points.
- I don't think it's already in the game, but running should make the thirst bar decrease a lot faster. Running could be less efficient than walking in term of thirst and hunger, like in real life.
- I think this one i really important: Eating food should not give health points, but if the hunger and thirst of the player is correct, health should regenerate slowly by its own (like a half-depleted health bar could take 2 days in-game to be full again).
- Maybe some debuff if player always eat the same food? Like you need to eat different vegetables, bread, meat... Instead of only apples and watermelons.
- I think some raw food should make the player dizy. Raw potatoes are horrible to eat, and can also induce sickness... Maybe adding a "disgusted" or "dizzy" debuff if the player eat too much raw potatoes and meat? The players should cook their food in order to not have this. This "disgusted" debuff could make the hunger bar decrease faster for example.
- Sickness, consuming raw meat (even more for the raw chicken) and drinking dirty water (like in swamps) could poison the player. A debuff that make the hunger and thirst bars decrease a lot, prevent to run, and so on. Players have to take medicinal plants to heal themselves.
- So, medicinal herbs in the wild too. Maybe even medicines that can be made out of those, and also with white flowers, tree sap...
- I saw there is a stranded mode not available yet... Where the player will start without tools? For now this is impossible without tools... And it feels like the primitive technology is not there. The game could have clay, the player could build clay furnace, and with gathered sticks, this could create a beginning of the progression in the game.
- Are you already planning for an advanced technology? I can definitively think of drills and electrical-powered furnaces!
- I have encountered some problems when building floors, walls, and roofs with wood planks... When I lock a plank (with Ctrl), I can't make a row with it (mouse left click), it's annoying me since the rows made by the left click are the only ones that make the tiniest gaps between the planks (for my roofs I could only space it with the Ctrl and the directionnal keys, the gaps are too big and let rain go through!). I hope you understand me on this point, it's not easy to explain
- I know you're planning to extend the block building, but I think that other constructions items are missing still... I thought about flat stone to make our own stone path, and also stone walls, like planks but with stone bricks! You could resize the depth of them too.
- You could do the same with metal plates too!
- A really nice addition that can be made is placable raw wood logs. Like a the wood logs that are already in game, but with a texture of raw tree wood, with the bark and all. It would cost a tree log, and give 5 raw wood logs (as one tree log allow to craft 5 chopped wood logs).
- I know that you are planning to extend the water physics, and that you will do some really good things with it. I hope to see lakes and rivers! Rivers could be a good source of fresh water and even add the possibility to make water mills. Of course rivers will have a source in the mountains and finish in the oceans.
- Also not possible until the water physic is reworked, but the water ponds look weird for now... The edges of the ponds are too vertical, it should be more like a smooth slope.
- When you will add rivers, you should add underground rivers! Lave lakes will be cool too.
- Two things that are bothering me in such a realistic game are Hell and mithril ore... I mean, mithril is not real, and there is no place with red stone and lava underneath the earth in real life... Maybe adding it as an option? And if there is no Hell, adding an unbreakable stone to the deepest layer of the map (and a lot of heat too) can be nice.
- Forests seem like plains but with a lot of trees... You should add a new type of "grass", like dark humus with dead leaves and sticks. There could be a variation for the spruce forests with pine needles and pine cones. This type of groung will be purely decorative and could be arranged wide patches, while some patches of grass can still grow between trees in the forests.
- Maybe smaller grass? Placed in the forests, cold plains, some patches of small grass in plains...
Well, that's it for now. If you read it all... You're courageous!
Joke appart, I know that the game is still in alpha, but I just wanted to share some ideas, for the future and also things that I think are missing in the current gameplay.
Thanks for the reading, have a good day