How to remove that strange facture

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)
  • Hi! I have problem with strange facture on textures - it looks like some kind of grainy noise:

Is it removable? And if so how can i change it/remove it?

• Are you on Mac? I am experiencing it too. When I played on Windows I didn't notice it.

"If all the world was apple pie, And all the sea were ink. And all the trees were bread and cheese, What would we have to drink?" ?(

• This is actually intended, although we need some more appropriate textures for this "grain effect" on wood and other smooth surfaces.
    However, the easiest way to get rid of the "grain" would be to use a texture pack and replace the texture which is responsible for this. I prepared a texturepack for you, to use it, simply move the zip file (do not extract it) into the "Texturepacks" folder in your game directory (Steamversion: to get there, rightclick on rw in steam -> properties -> local files -> browse local files). If there is no such folder, create it. Now return to the game directory, open the "config.properties" file and change the line custom_texturepack= to custom_texturepack=NoGrain.zip. Save the file, and run the game. The grain effect should be gone now ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!