Rising world will not start from steam

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)
  • When I got the game on steam it downloaded and then I clicked play it said "prepareing to launch" for 1/2 a second then it disaprs and nothing happens after that I tryed all of steam's trouble shooting nothing works!
    i got the game with-out PayPal
    this also happens to my friends that I convinsted to get the game

• That may have several reasons. First of all, what operating system do you use?
    Please make sure that the correct Java version is installed. On MacOS, you need to install the latest JDK.

Otherwise please have a look at the game directory (steam/steamapps/commons/risingworld) and see if there is an errorlog or hs_err_pid file?

• I'm done. I've reinstalled java multiple times. I want a refund. I've tried to go through Steam, but that's not happening... can anyone help me? (by help = I want my money back)

• I'm done. I've reinstalled java multiple times. I want a refund. I've tried to go through Steam, but that's not happening... can anyone help me? (by help = I want my money back)

About to close down computer for the night - saw tasks were still running for the game - closed steam - game runs. I'll retract my desire for a refund for now. Don't hold your breath - this was pissing me off and I will not be suggesting this game to my friends.

• Here's where I find my Rising World installation: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\RisingWorld

I'm sure you could find something similar and I found my error logs were actually called errorlog such as errorlog_1419681751937.log
    In order to know what's wrong with something an error log really does help.

• i doubt this person will even see any of your responses being a "guest",hopefully he/she also posted in the steam forums so red or Lucien can help,although he/she doesn't seem interested in that.but just in case he/she does...teaskittles you need to add @red51 and or @lucien.schuenke on steam and they will help you.

• I'm seeing someone getting this issue with the latest version 8 of java but I'm not with version 7.

Can someone here w/ 8 confirm that it works and this isn't a "JavaUpToDate() {return versionNumber.first = '7'}" issue?

• I'm seeing someone getting this issue with the latest version 8 of java but I'm not with version 7.

Can someone here w/ 8 confirm that it works and this isn't a "JavaUpToDate() {return versionNumber.first = '7'}" issue?

If you're using the Steam version and Java is causing trouble, try to enable the latest nightly (rightclick on rising world -> properties -> betas -> nightly 29.12 win 8 fix + own JVM). It uses an own JVM, so it should not matter what version is installed on your computer.

• hey i tryed all this and it still dont work funny thing is that , i dont have bug report or error log -.-

• i get the game by gift thing on steam , from frien he just installed and play i installed and i get prepering to lunch like 1 sec then window appers in flash of eye and selfclose . and its done nothing happen next , i tryed re install drivers even with beta amd , java from 6 to 8 u 25 update , own java in properties , rly onthing work for me what you posted here and what is crazy i dont even have bug or error report in main folder -.-

• in main folder riding world i dont have hmmm any txt file folder ( like notepad folder )

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!