I can't get permissions to work on server

• In default.permissions file I set following:
    general:
    fly: false
    pvp: false
    pve: true
    debuglight: false
    keepinventory: true

but it keep use default setting, What am I doing wrong?

Btw: I run it of a Linux server (Mint LMDE2 64 bit) if it matter. I basically just want to keep inventory on death and seems you can get items back from grave stones.

• Maybe there is somewhere a wrong indenting or a syntax error (in this case there will be an error message when starting the server). To find out what's going on exactly, please upload or post the full default.permissions file here :) Alternatively you can send it via PM to me.

• I have added both permission file and server log when starting up, there is no errors from what I can tell.

default.permissions

Server log

• if you are an admin in the server that ofc overwrites the default permissions and lets you use all tools etc. You need to try them with a non-admin player.

• It the setting that allows you to keep inventory on death I'm interested in, nothing with admin commands to do. Should also be possible for admins.

• what I meant was that if you e.g. deny fly in the default permissions but you are an admin this limitation will not apply to you in the end.
    I haven't used the keep inventory permission so far so no idea how/if it works

• Thanks for the permissions file! Everything is fine there :) However, currently there is an issue regarding admins: As long as settings_admins_allpermissions is set to true (default) in the server.properties file, the game overrides your permissions (if you're an admin), as mentioned by @Minotorious. Basically you could set this setting to false to solve this issue, unfortunately there is a bug which prevents you from connecting to the server if you're an admin and if this setting is set to false. It will be fixed in the next update.
    As a workaround, you could revoke your admin permissions (by removing your name from the server.properties file), and instead just use the admin.permissions group (depending on the permission file, you will still be shown as admin and you're still able to use all commands).

• I tried add a line in server.properties

setplayergroup Sandyar admin

But it didnt work. I need a more detailed description how I add myself to group admin :)

• you type in the console setplayergroup Sandyar admin

console opens with ~/` key and has green letters

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!