The next update is available It mainly introduces - as announced previously - a new effect: Screenspace ambient occlusion. Please note that we're still working on this effect, so if you find any inconsistencies, it's helpful for us if you report it. You should also note that the effect is a heavy weight on the performance, so you probably have to disable it on weaker systems (btw., the effect is disabled by default, you have to enable it in the settings).
Apart from that the update also contains new objects, especially some kitchenettes: Each element has a size of 1.5 blocks, so you're generally able to place them seamless next to each other (using the grid for objects [press G] is very useful in this case).
In addition, this update also contains some smaller tables, a desk and a new type of bed. In the future, you'll be also able to interact with some of the kitchenettes and the desk.
Here is, as usual, the full changelog:
- [New] Screenspace Ambient Occlusion (SSAO) which creates a simple form of shadows
- [New] New Objects: Kitchenettes, small tables, desk, metal bed
- [Change] Changed crafting category of a few items
- [Change] Static lights have much less influence on daytime (avoiding "overexposed" scenes)
- [Change] Item picking now fully works when flying
- [Change] Higher tolerance when digging terrain, i.e. digging does not abort when cursor moves a little bit
- [Bugfix] Fixed looping previous animation when flying or interacting with objects
- [Bugfix] Fixed a bug that caused blockforms like ramps, stairs, cylinders etc. not to be craftable
- [Bugfix] Fixed physics related errors when returning to main menu an reloading a world
- [Bugfix] Fixed erroneous 3D model preview in crafting menu when returning to main menu and reloading a world
- [Bugfix] Fixed a bug when crating clientside panels on the player's screen with lua
- [Bugfix] Fixed inverted textures of penlight and flashlight
- [Bugfix] Fixed missing collision of marketstand