VR (Virtual Reality)

A big new update is now available, introducing biomes, caves and much more!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.0.3 (2024-02-21)
  • I'm simply going to copy and paste this from the Steam forums. Also, to the above posting, I've stopped posting games. It's mainly about VR.

---------

Sorry for bumping this thread, or even allegedly hijacking this. Thought I'd post a few things while I still have it in mind. Just wanted to neutrally chime in that if Red51 ever needs help with VR mode I'm still in, though don't know for how much longer. This year may finally shake things up to the point I may finally not be allowed. Who knows.

Youtube recommended me this video and I strongly disagree with this video. It's not that VR is allegedly "failing", it's because AAA game developers are useless morons to the point Indie developers have to do everything. Indie developers can only do so much to the point tension tends to snap the varying wide cable of indie developers trying to keep VR afloat. Shame AAA studios are as useless as a toilet full of turds.

Apple has indeed announced their Apple Vision headset device making VR even more mainstream than it already is. Though, if you want a VR Headset I still strongly suggest and recommend a Valve Index. Going with Oculus is a risk in software bloating, Facebook linear nonsense (being banned), among other issues I had to face. I've been treated the best with Valve Index.

The video creator idiot noted many faults of VR which aren't true, such as bulky or clunkiness. People DANCE with VR. Only haters make up excuses and slander. VR is the best thing ever, hence why I boasted and praised it as much as I had when I played it constantly.

It still pains me to see Subnautica developers chicken out on both co-op and VR Mode, even though they themselves desired such elements in their game. I'm happy for other developers pushing the boundaries while I hate other developers making all these idiotic excuses as to not implement VR.

For Apple Vision Pro I'm going to assume the feedback is painfully toxic you're not allowed to talk about it. It's a decent step, yet probably may attract swarms of Vallery girl weirdoes similar to how you see kids in VRChat with Oculus Quest devices.

Valve Index all the way.

---------

In short:

When Red51 is ready I'm willing to give VR a whirl, yet hoping I won't be homeless, a skeleton, or whatever negative happens in the future. I have my Steam Deck so I may still have a chance to play Rising World in some capacity, depending if Canada doesn't burn to the ground either thanks to Dictator Trudeau corruption of Canada and everything around it.

• ArcticuKitsu

Changed the title of the thread from “VR Games” to “VR (Virtual Reality)”.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!