Blue block blues

• I'm having an issue with the game it runs fine with good frame rates and it playable but I'm having serious graphical issues. I fear it may be my graphics card but I can't change it since I'm on a laptop pc. it's an asus n61j with an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730 graphics card.. Everything starts fine and looks good, trees grass logs ect all look fine, placed items like workbenches and torches are good and they light they cast looks great and it the correct colour, but cut grass and placed blocks all look a dark blue. I've included a photo,, I've tried different video settings with no luck.

• Also the display drivers are up to date. when the game loads there is a very brief moment (less than 0.25 seconds) where everything looks fine before this happens.

• How much memory does your graphics card have?
    This game has a lot of textures so I think the posted minimum was 1gb for the graphics card.

Another thing to check is a number of people with Asus laptops had a dual graphic card setup, and it was found that the game did not trigger the switch to the high performance card. The users were able to manually configure the use of the high performance card to be used with Rising world.

• 1 gb on the card,, not sure if there is a graphics card built into the motherboard on device manager the 5730 is the only one that shows up on the display adaptors when I look at device manager.

• Could be a very specific shader issue (but since this issue never occured before, a driver bug is more likely), since the textures are still visible, but it looks like the typical night color. Does the blue blocks/terrain get influenced by lights (flashlight, torches, or simply by pressing L)?
    What's the date of your graphics driver? Can you eventually try another driver version?

• I didn't know about pressing "L" that fixes the issues but removes all lighting torches all work also casting the correct colour of light. The drivers have been updated to the newest ones possible (but over a year out of date) and there are no newer versions.

• I didn't know about pressing "L" that fixes the issues but removes all lighting torches all work also casting the correct colour of light. The drivers have been updated to the newest ones possible (but over a year out of date) and there are no newer versions.

If enabling a light fixes the problem, it's definitely a shader problem, so I guess it's eventually a driver bug (since it's the first time this problem occurs). We will have a look if we find a workaround.
    Did you try another driver version (not necessarily the newest version, you could try to install a previous version)?

• I tired two other older drivers, the also have the same problem and cause issues for other programs so I'm back to the latest driver.

• I've tried every driver and setting I can find and still no luck,, It's odd that grass and trees render find but animals and ground and placed blocks do not.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!