Fatal ERROR Address already in USE - sudden error. Server wiped and reinstalled and still error

• The "Adress already in use: bind" error indicates that there is already another process running on the server port (or more precisely, on one of the server ports, i.e. range serverport-1 to serverport+4 TCP and UDP). Only a single process can bind to a particular port, so it's important that no other process is already bound to one of the server ports. Maybe an old instance of the server is still running in the background? Rebooting the machine should do the trick then. If it's a managed gameserver, only the server hoster can help you about this issue :|

• The "Adress already in use: bind" error indicates that there is already another process running on the server port (or more precisely, on one of the server ports, i.e. range serverport-1 to serverport+4 TCP and UDP). Only a single process can bind to a particular port, so it's important that no other process is already bound to one of the server ports. Maybe an old instance of the server is still running in the background? Rebooting the machine should do the trick then. If it's a managed gameserver, only the server hoster can help you about this issue :|

The "Adress already in use: bind" error indicates that there is already another process running on the server port (or more precisely, on one of the server ports, i.e. range serverport-1 to serverport+4 TCP and UDP). Only a single process can bind to a particular port, so it's important that no other process is already bound to one of the server ports. Maybe an old instance of the server is still running in the background? Rebooting the machine should do the trick then. If it's a managed gameserver, only the server hoster can help you about this issue :|

Thanks Red.. they switched servers - IP and ports.. unfortunately not until after they wiped the drive to see what was wrong. hope the port 4265 wont hurt anything.. back up with backups luckily.. Thanks

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!