Posts by angriff

A big new update is now available, introducing biomes, caves and much more!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.0.3 (2024-02-21)

Right now I have way too many NPCs on my server. They are spawning and ending up group up against mountains and water in huge herds. Is there a way to limit them short of deleting them all at once or one by one ?

there is a reloadpermissions command just for this

Yes and No on that. I restarted my server which should have reloaded the permissions (I would think) but it did nothing. The files are corrupted and are not seen by the server. I have a different post about this problem. All the files were in the directory but the game only saw that ones that were not adjusted. If they are corrupted by an online save or some fancy text / font crap they are not seen. I had this same experience in the JAVA version servers I ran. The listing of all the files in the directory and the listing in game for an area

You have to be careful editting these .json files as if they are changed while the server is running the server will not pick them up. It is best to use a generic editor or notepad and just save it over the file to avoid adding extra textural information being added to the file and the server will ignore it. Best is to make a copy and name the old one backup.json or something. They do need to be in the Areas directory for the server routine to see them. I just had this problem on my server and had to remove the corrupted files, re-edit a back up file and move it to the server Area directory.

Well the old code pulls the long from a database file and passes them to subroutine so it is used similar to mathematics in how it is used to identify and pass numbers identifying lines in a database file. So it just becomes a bunch of lines that need to be adjusted. Switch the lookup to String now makes these pulls and subroutine passes incompatible long /string lines.

It can be converted, I get it. It seems like the easiest method. The String just creates an incompatibility with old game java subroutine passes and reads that seemed unnecessary (albeit Red51 gave his acceptable reasons). The example is wrong in JAVADOC and should be adjusted.

A passing line example;

Long UID = event.getPlayer().getUID();

(result.getLong("UID")

long amount = value.Costing(UID); //this line will flag a Long/String error if UID is changed to String. Long amount is used in math routines.

if your admin they will run away, if your using the api to place them you can make them alerted and stay that way.

Well I am always an Admin but they do attack me when I first log on. I am using the in game command line ` placenpc lion2 or lion <blank>

This is on a multiplayer server. It is possible that was in creative mode as very often I am in GM1. I will retest.

i believe it has something to do with non steam versions of the game. not sure the data type the standalone version uses. if the game was to sell on another site their id system may be different. storing the value as a string would be more usable.

You can get a non Steam key to run the game. I have players on my server that only have about 7 digits in their UID recorded in the Database. But that has nothing to do with the issue.

In the JAVA version the player.getUID() pulled the Steam ID and it was a (long) return. Now it is a (String) return The example javadoc points to String in the declaration then uses it as a (long) return. But when I use the term (or exact routine in the javadoc example) I get an error flag that the string cannot be converted to a long. That means I have to read it as a string and convert it to use it as a long for my old routines and database writes or convert all the lines to look for and write a string.

I mean maybe I am reading too much into it but seems it changed from the JAVA days from a Long to a String in the Unity API.

getUID

public String getUID()

Gets the globally unique ID of the player. This ID will never change, even if the player joins another server. For Steam users, this method returns the SteamID64.

Returns:
    the globally unique player ID as a string.

Example: Display the UID of the player1
    //The UID is a 64 bit number, so we have to use a long
    long playerUID = player.getUID();

When I try to use this example I get an error flag that A string cannot be converted to a Long? The JAVADOC uses public String when discussing it then the example shows long. I guess I can convert it but wanted to get clarification.

Nevermind I had to delete link and re-link the jar file for the library (Using Netbeans resolve problem) in my game directory after verifying files with steam. Not sure what changed but seems to be ok now. Just posted this incase somebody does a search for this issue.

It could have been an older JAVA game project had a bad link.