Posts by angriff

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.1 (2024-09-02)

Try restarting the server?

I did several times. I also re-downloaded it and reloaded it. It is not creating the tables correctly You are using the getWorld because the database is showing up as the servername. As long as it is called correctly this should not be a problem but there are several database plugins with that same name not including the world database. Not sure what changed other than I have a added a personal plugin but the database is not the same name.

I heard of that that you need like NASA computer to run some vessels like RMS Queen Mary or Titanic

You can scale them fine but if youwant one that is full size then it is going to be limited to just your machine and not an online serve. This Lykes Brothers SeaBee Barge Carrier I built about 1/3 scale. You could push the floating barges into the rear elevator and load them on two decks with a transporter system. I am sure someone built a Queen Mary and Titanic as a plug in but it would be single player only.

I never played Stormworks but seen few videos of it some of the ship builds looks amazing

Well it has its issues but yes you can make some pretty amazing vessels that have realistic physics. If they get too big like yours though they take special server spawning and can often take people's computers no matter how good into the toilet.

Little bit of a different scenario as I do not have anything open to create a on click event. This is opening on a oncommandevent. It seems to be working with Jame1bow's example possibly only a short ghost window with the limited testing I can do.

Thanks all.

As far as I can tell the answer would be no with each server and server operator having the ability and requirement to develop that sort of game mechanic through their own plugins or those they can find published by other players. There is not a basic underlying game objective other then crafting level requirements.

Yeah that would be nice but I think my ships would capsize :D:D:D:D

Ya I used to run a Stormworks server and in that game you had to place heavy blocks in the keel and lower hold to get the center of gravity below the center of buoyancy to prevent that. But that is just like in real.

What? You have to have a default for areas? Sheesh. I put different group visitor one named after the group they are when they enter. I force everyone that comes on new into visitor group. Well I guess it will all be wiped when the game is fully released. I do not have people destroying things, YET. What i noticed is the owners in their areas are still showing group permissions in <I> players list. Good thing I read this.. thanks

What was being asked is for players that are set as area owners the ability to allow or deny players into their area and to give them rights to add players to their area. I would assume that a group for area player rights versus area owners rights would need to be there.

Apparently making an area owner does not give them any new rights. They are not displayed on the permissions or the player list with supposedly area rights. Other players are able to destroy their buidings if they have general rights to build on the server is what I am reading here.

its not doable without a plugin. the player needs rights for the commands to be set in the players group permissions. they can only set them from outside the area as you have to look at the area to have the functions to set area permissions meaning they have to be outside of their area.

Well that is a shame maybe it was why one guy kept saying /wp does not work. LOL I dont have a /WP likely some other plugin. I guess I will have to write yet another plugin to do it for them. Hmmm that means I need to have different level area player permissions for them to select. Poor players.

if you want to share your code with me i could take a look. just alot of things it could be.

I would be too embarrassed to do that. I will fight away, thanks of your really good help and pointers.

I will look at the suggestion you have pointed too and try to adjust it. I tend to helter skelter attack and move or duplicate the lines instead of proper access modifiers and the like. As such there are allot of commented out lines that are their examples of other plugins where I got similar methods that worked in other packages I got to work for switching on and off or examples to help clear problems. I think it is the updating the data part that got me in trouble as I replaced the three live data labels on the panel when the command was invoked. But I had a serious issue in updating my database for new and existing players that I fixed last night mostly. It worked fine when there was only one player (me) Then it kept sending new people to 0.0.0 bottom of the ocean where they promptly drowned. Ooops 8|. I do have that fixed at least now and some people came on and informed me ghosting was still present. However, the movement routine that accessed the several databases and displayed information are working fine now so some progress. :/. This is something that is really simple likely for you but to find a out of place bracket or extra parenthesis could take me hours to correct. I think an AI program could write this is a few milliseconds but where is the puzzle fun in that?