Posts by angriff

Changes to the river through terraforming are detailed in an in-depth article on a website I came across. If terraformed, the river undergoes significant alterations in its character. For instance, adjusting the steepness of the riverbed affects the water flow speed and the animation of the river's movement. Altering the steepness can lead to changes in water speed ranging from a slow current to the formation of a waterfall. Additionally, when the river's flow encounters an obstacle or a dead-end, it results in only a partial effect of splashes and foam, which could drastically modify its appearance and interaction with surrounding objects.

I bet those type of response would be an engine based limitation. How many games have you played where the rivers and water features are doing that?

That would be worthwhile for other ideas, Thanks.

What I did was force some information to available on spawn-in for the technique so that I could id the npc. This let me do that for statement catch the nulls first in an || statement then find and pull it. Works like a charm for this plugin. Just some tweaking left and I will likely post it. It is already up on the server being ringed-out tested.

Java
    SoundAsset soundfile = SoundAsset.loadFromFile(getPath() + "/assets/warp.mp3");
    player.playSound(soundfile);

You make that file directory in the build or in the plugin directory on the server? If I would guess, you put that in the Plugin directory as just a plain file. I read one of the methods used a jar file so it confused me a bit as to the best choice.

going to use your suggestion thanks.

I no longer need an answer for this as I found a method that works without calling the object directly. However I would like a discussion on capturing objects and npcs if you have a direct answer or better idea.

In the npcs table under names the default is null so doing a count of that if no names are added, will result in a null

Read above made a edit and added more info, sorry i did not see your reply till after i refreshing the forum for some reason oO

yes, I was looking for nulls and that return a 0 count which is valid in my search. Maybe I need to strip the special characters out ('s) and then submit it with wildcards.

So notice how the DbBrowser execution requires LIKE 'angriff__' to work. This indicates to me that to make it work i would have to use apostrophes on each side of the literal ' '"+playernm+"' '" but this does not work.

Thanks to the both of you. But, can I use the SQLite handle with an apostrophe or wild cards in the count? That is part of the issue here I am searching for variations that might contain special characters and almost always has an apostrophe. The apostrophe unfortunately is used to denote literals in the command string and it keeps getting errors flags in Netbeans for that. Also the underscore wild card, I think will work fine but wanted to clarify. This is looking to count the string using LIKE that has apostrophes and even that throws the DBBrowser tab search flags

Bear in mind guys syntax is my dearest friend and strongest fiend at the same time.

I tried something similar to that but similar no results. The issue is the database name has an apostrophe character in it and you have to use wild cards to get it to work in the SQL tab in the Database browser execution tab so I thought when you used like you needed the apostrophers. on both side.

I will fool with it along your lines in the morning.

I have a different way to do what I want but I wanted to use the World Database for the tracking and not another database or player attribute.

I can run this query on the database in the executeSQL tab and it runs like a charm. But trying to put this in a string I keep getting literal errors and exceptions when it runs. I cannot get the single apostrophes into the string without it thinking they are literals. Is there a better way to get a count of the specific items in a column?

database.executeQuery("SELECT COUNT(*) AS TOTAL FROM 'npcs' WHERE 'name' LIKE '"+playernm+"'__")){ This line is without trying to get the literal apostrophes but adding wild cards at the end.

Is there is better way to get a count of the names in the WorldDatabase.Target.Npcs ? The Total part was an attempt to extract the Total without the Resultsset. I get nothing but exceptions so I am sure it is likely syntax in the command string.

the selection box is tied to the same directions / angle as the grid

and I guess you cannot turn that part off? Problem is that things you want to delete are not built or placed in the matter of blueprints in the direction aligned with the grid. So if you have a building that has inbuilt items you want to delete then you have to do it piecemeal. This is true long after you lose the ability to undo a blueprint.