Posts by angriff

can you install this version and let me know if that error stops, seems the current version im using does not match your error log oO so i may have fixed that error already

Sorry it did stop. I did have to reset all the portals but that was not a big deal.

Why does everytime I try to line up a large piece to another large piece does the dang thing snap while I am in manual movement mode? I mean ok I get it the snap system is either not finished or trash. However, if I am in manual move mode I should be able to look a part and rotate to the position I need but it gets close then suddenly bounces to some weird angle. If I am in manual move it should float in the air not suddenly snap to some part.:angry: This issue is especially acute when aligning triangular pieces at roof corner turns.

So it appears I need to build a plugin to change a players permission group after playing a certain amount of time. The commands do not seem to be able to discern if the player has already changed from, for example, a Visitor to a dedicated General Player. The command after spawn would continually change the players group after some set time every time they join the server, correct?

I want to add that I am using your prefab building to construct a structure on my server's Middle Ages themed area. I was doing some adjustment and had to remove some sections to make the wooden wall and some floors shorter. I noticed you used half round pieces and shrunk them down. At first, I did not understand why, then I noticed that it leaves a seam in the floor or wall that looks like a log on the wall but not as much on the floor. However if you used flat or rectangles there would be no visible seam. I must say it is a brilliant use of visual effects and compliment you on it. I learned from it the art technique of using the shapes for visual effect not just construction.

For me its easier to use grid cause when I made them I used grid but even I have to work around that making grid smaller and sometimes go to a smallest grid size by using - or + keys

Ok thank for the hint. I look for a more natural look than everything all lined up. It would be nice if there was a click or snap point you could set that would make them snap together. But hey I do the bluprint thing all the time on my Guederon Castle I did the small turrets once and used blueprints to set the other two and built be bigger one on its own but used the interior spiral stairs from the smaller ones. So I can work, just need the time and patience which I am running short on both right now.

I tried using this as they are so type it is good for creating a more expansive village. The issue I have is not with your blueprints but with the way Rising World handles them You cannot snap them together very easily. You have to often rotate them and adjust them to line up.

Do you have any suggestions to make this process easier?

I cannot stand the current way the NPC all gather by the shoreline. Hundreds of them all grouped up. I want to redistribute them and get them to act normally, ie Cows stay in the fields and Moose in the forests. Some how now all the NPCs group together and slowly start to congregate downhill along the shores and rivers in huge groups. How can I delete them all and start over? I use the deletenpcs command but that is tedious and the distance is general not to mention cows not bulls are deleted or brown horse not black ones. There needs to be a better way to make it look realistic in game.

The player list indeed only shows the permission group of the player (irrespective of areas). This information is meant for other players as an indicator about what role a particular player has on the server (e.g. if there is a "Moderator" or "Guest" group etc, or if you have something like factions on the server, e.g. a "Police" group, "Bandit" group etc).

If a player wants to find out his currently active permissions, he can hit ESC and click on the "Permissions" button - this brings up an overview of all currently active player permissions (taking area permissions into account) ;)

Perfectly legit. Where I noticed it was attempting to use it to check that the Area groups were indeed working. I expected the permissions to say area owner and not some general player group. I know I can detect what protected area they are in with a plugin but that was not the result I expected from the players list.

So I went back to an older back up of my server when I first installed the mail program. It had a correctly populated database. So I installed the entire directory back on my server. It works properly with /Mail Box and /Mail Playerlist. If you type /Mail without a second split.command argument (/Mail alone) it does not catch it and gives you that array error. So it is, just an annoyance.

Not sure why the newly installed jar would not build the database. I guess if you find the original public build files, you could add a pre-if catch such as; if (splitCommand.length==1){ which would skip to a return or informative error message if the command line did not contain a second split command argument.

What would be a nice upgrade for the future would be to set up a mail box for each player upon arrival on the server so you could auto send them a welcome mail message. Just a thought. Thanks for doing this as I think it is important for players to communicate with each other even if they are offline.